Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Push button start, 2020 Limited

I have the above model. I am an AC type person. i have it on when I turn off the car but when I turn it back on, the AC is not lit. Is there something wrong with it? I turned off ECO for the engine setting but that didn’t help.

I found the menu on the screen but that is set right.

is it supposed to be on when I restart the car? I have the AC set on auto if that helps.

thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,051 Posts
A little more information might help find the true cause.

What's the weather like outside? Cold? Hot?

You said you're using the "Auto" mode for climate control, which should help this situation. Do you make any adjustments to fan speed and direction (dash vents vs floor vents), or are you only changing temperature and letting the system do its thing otherwise?

As you mentioned, the "Eco" drive mode throws a wrench in things for fuel economy. So does auto stop/start, which shuts everything down and lowers the fan speed while the engine is stopped, but it should all come back after the engine starts. If you were to drive for a few minutes and leave the A/C button alone, I wonder if it would it come on by itself.

I assume we're talking about the front A/C and not the rear A/C, correct? The system has another setting called "S-FLOW" which shuts down the rear HVAC and even the blower for the front passenger if the car thinks the driver is the only person there. It's yet another "economy" feature.

There is a setting in the computer to disable auto control of the A/C button, but that should not be set that way by default from the factory. You must be the first owner of the car, but was it used by the dealer as an extended demo perhaps? If one of their employees used it for a while before you bought it, they might have had the service department change that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That setting is ok. It may be around 68-74 outside when it get in it. I am the only one using it and haven’t changed any settings in a while.

Front air. Temp is set at 69-70 degrees Year around.

·
Registered
91 Posts
On my 2021 Limited, whatever I set the temp for is what the car interior cools or heats to. Don't care if the AC light is on or off, as it seems to work fine and comes on as needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts