Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Rav4 Le and whenever I turn on the knob for the cold fan/heater or A/C, A very small but annoying sound would come up constantly non stop. It is very hard to describe this noise, and it is very annoying in fan setting 1. When I turn the fan setting higher it would mask the noise. The location of the noise is at the area of the (touchscreen/ where the fan knobs are). When driving the vehicle it is noticeable but not really because of road noise. Sound would be more noticeable when car is stopped or idle. When I don't use the fan or a/c and leave the control at fan speed 0, no noise would appear.

I would appreciate if any of you can detect if this is a normal sound or not? Previous car I had was a 2002 Corolla and I never heard of any other noises except for the fan noise.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new RAV. I've had mine just a few weeks after trading in my 09 Venza. I've heard no such noise from mine, and all the reading up I've done I don't believe I've come across this issue. It's under warranty so you should definitely mention at first service appointment IMO.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.