Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got a leak somewhere and can’t find it. Literally loses all the refrigerant in a months time. Nothing on hoses seals and evaporator or condenser. We’ve had several leak detector dyes put in and nothing. Only thing so far not done is rip apart dash and also look between condenser and radiator. Has anybody ever had this issue?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sometimes you can blacklight the condensate drain hose for evidence that the leak is behind the dash. It should stick out like a sore thumb if it's under the hood with a leak that fast.. You checked all around the compressor too? It's good and dark when you're black lighting? You could call some refrigeration shops and see if they'd use an electronic leak detector for you to narrow down the problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok. We found the leak. At least we think it’s the culprit. When we previously black lighted we could never see the glow of the die “anywhere”. After the last try, when I accelerated off a light my son (behind me) noticed a misty blowout on my driver side. I thought maybe it was from dust blowing dust from that part of road maybe from acceleration. Well after another attempt to find the leak we discovered that the leak was from high pressure line at the fitting to the compressor. Thing that’s weird is that last time the system was pressurized and yet no leak after 45-60 minutes of running. Yet this time it only took 10 minutes for it to leak. So now I’m replacing the line with seals and and new pressure relief valve. So at least not evaporator. Lol
Thx for the reply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
Garret70
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing