Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Let's go places
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello TN,

I’ve got a problem with my 09’ Camry SE I-4 blowing warm air on the driver side vents even when the AC is set to max AC. The temperature of the driver side vents are dependent on the temperature outside, ie. if it’s 90 degrees out the car will blow warm/hot air, if it’s 30 degrees it will blow cool air. The passenger vents blow very cold air, especially since I’ve recently changed out the cabin air filter. The car does not have dual climate controls.

After doing some research, including on here, some have suggested getting the AC recharged. If a recharge is required, wouldn’t I not get cold air at all, including from the passenger vents? I am at a lost as to where I should start diagnosing the issue. This has been going on for over a month now.

Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Same issue with 2 of my Toyotas fixed by adding refrigerant...both suffered from cold on passenger and warm on drivers side

Top it off which is cheap and easy. If that doesnt work, then tear into the hvac system

·
Registered
256 Posts
Best chance is the Freon is low. Don't just add some. Drain the system and replace with the correct amount . I have seem this for years in my shop.

·
2009 Camry SE I4 MGM
1,419 Posts
Same issue with 2 of my Toyotas fixed by adding refrigerant...both suffered from cold on passenger and warm on drivers side

Top it off which is cheap and easy. If that doesnt work, then tear into the hvac system
My 2009 Camry SE is doing the samething. It started on Saturday while driving on a 45 mile trip. I am going to by this product since I have used it before and it worked great on my brothers 2003 Chevy Tahoe.

Thank you for confirming this. I googled this problem and one of those ask a mechanic sites came up and an ASE Toyota tech. stated that the AC system needed to be recharged.
Glenn

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
My 2009 Camry SE is doing the samething. It started on Saturday while driving on a 45 mile trip. I am going to by this product since I have used it before and it worked great on my brothers 2003 Chevy Tahoe. https://www.amazon.com/Professional-Synthetic-Conditioning-Refrigerant-Dispenser/dp/B007USCM7E?SubscriptionId=AKIAIKOHFALUJCKC3KXQ&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B007USCM7E&linkCode=xm2&psc=1&tag=bestprice_us_yahoo_desktop-20&m=A281ICWJBRZ31L

Thank you for confirming this. I googled this problem and one of those ask a mechanic sites came up and an ASE Toyota tech. stated that the AC system needed to be recharged.
Glenn
Walmarts around here usually stock it and cheaper than Amazon
https://www.walmart.com/ip/A-C-Pro-Ultra-Synthetic-R-134-Refrigerant/353326131

·
2009 Camry SE I4 MGM
1,419 Posts

·
Let's go places
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi TN!

I appreciate everyone for the responses, unfortunately I am still having the same issue. I’m trying to tackle the issue by getting to the servo motor, but I can’t seem to access it. I’ve searched and searched on the web but the videos and pictures I’ve come across does not match what I’m actually seeing. I’ve also referenced the repair manual and again, it doesn’t match.

I have a lot of the panels off at the moment and have been at it for a couple of hours. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

·
Let's go places
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update w/pics:

I am still trying to figure this out, and am going a little crazy. Pictured is what I believe is the blend door? I’m not 100% sure, but it seems to be functioning properly. I am just lost. I took some pics, maybe you guys may be able to see something I don’t? Thank you.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
Supra28
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing