Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i got an 2001 corolla ce automatic. Question, what can I do to improve my acceleration? I just feel that the car is a bit slow, everything is stock on the car. Where can i start?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think the automatic trans is the biggest issue. The shift points aren't the greatest and it's hard to run the engine at high revs with the automatic. The few times I've driven the fiance's Corolla (2002 CE), it shifts very early even with my foot to the floor.

Does the stock tune/ECU respond well to intake and exhaust mods on these cars?

Does anyone make a carbon fiber / fiber glass / aluminum hood that is lighter than the heavy steel one?

Without major engine modification (turbo / supercharger), the car probably will never be a straight line speed demon. However, if you upgrade the suspension (sway bars, strut tower bars, springs/struts or coilovers) it could be a pretty fun car in the twisties.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hookie sti, u got a good idea. i know for sure the next vechile i will get in a sports bike, but tht will be later on in the future. id rather spend my money on the rolla, cuz its basically new for me, its like less then 68k. no lie there is Toyota aint tht hopeless

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yea just like hummerh2o said throw a cold air intake on that bad boy and thats really just about all you can do w/o boost..

·
Altima_shift
'01 Altima
93 Posts
They suck... boost or engine swap.... I don't care how many other bolt ons you do, it's still going to suck

·
Toyota Tech in training!
1999 toyota corolla
350 Posts
They suck... boost or engine swap.... I don't care how many other bolt ons you do, it's still going to suck
did your mystical powers of driving a nissan altima tell you this? or do you have a more personal experience?
just saying "they suck..." is not only rude, its trolling, people like you are what give the internet a bad name.

·
Altima_shift
'01 Altima
93 Posts
did your mystical powers of driving a nissan altima tell you this? or do you have a more personal experience?
just saying "they suck..." is not only rude, its trolling, people like you are what give the internet a bad name.
We've had them in the family
1992 Corolla LE
1996 Corolla LE
2001 Corolla CE
2001 Corolla LE

And yes I can PWN them all day long in my Alti

·
Premium Member
14,783 Posts
We've had them in the family
1992 Corolla LE
1996 Corolla LE
2001 Corolla CE
2001 Corolla LE

And yes I can PWN them all day long in my Alti
i can't imagine why a compact economy sedan would be out performed by a midsize performance sedan with a larger engine and much higher hp/weight ratio. just can't imagine why. its almost as if your alti has a bigger engine that produces more power in relation to its weight than the corolla does. oh wait, thats exactly whats happening!

tell me about 'PWN'ing 6spd V6 accords all day long, then i'll be impressed.

·
Altima_shift
'01 Altima
93 Posts
i can't imagine why a compact economy sedan would be out performed by a midsize performance sedan with a larger engine and much higher hp/weight ratio. just can't imagine why. its almost as if your alti has a bigger engine that produces more power in relation to its weight than the corolla does. oh wait, thats exactly whats happening!

tell me about 'PWN'ing 6spd V6 accords all day long, then i'll be impressed.
??? Actually the Altima V6 sedan will kill the Honda Accord V6 sedan look it up before you come badgering me.. I hate HONDA, unless it's an Acura..

Nice pwning terms NERD!

P.S. my car is heavy, and since when did an Altima become a mid-size performance sedan?

·
uʍop-ǝpısdn
1,917 Posts
There is a solution for the horrible shift times in the auto tranny. Get the Transgo shift kit. A drop in filter would help it out too. btw, AE101 and AE111 panel filters fit in the stock air box. :D I did a little research on fitment. Currently Apexi sells the panel filters for 60 bucks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dang i was gone for like 3 days, and everybody is at ppl's throats just being so hostile. i feel tht hostility vibe going on this thread. can't we just all be friends. By the way nissian person, just cause u can read some numbers doesnt mean that its faster.

is there like a certain brand tht i should get for the cold air intake. there is so many names but idk which one to choose. What would the plugs do? i'm sorry if im just asking to many questions, its all new to me.

·
Altima_shift
'01 Altima
93 Posts
And I took you Toyota guys for something above what Honda rice racers are... this is sad... Yes the S2000 is something different I'll admit, but it's still in need of some serious tweaks it's been almost untouched since it first came out engine wise. Honda's have no TQ.

And I absolutely hate CIVICS!! I don't care if it's an SI or Mugen or what ever... It's still a Civic

·
Toyota Tech in training!
1999 toyota corolla
350 Posts
this is coming from somebody that tends to hate civics and all they represent but...
that... is one BEAUTIFUL ass :lol:. wonder what the rest of her looks like :naughty:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts