Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw what looks like a floor vent for the rear 'passengers' coming out the back of the center arm rest. I turned my fan on full blast at all the differnt settings and no air comes out of this 'vent'. Does this mean mine is faulty or do the slits serve a differnt pupose?

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Isn't it ventilation for the power invertor? I think I read that the inverter is under the armrest.

Check out the DIY sticky, there's one with pics.

·
Registered
34 Posts
reinvent: The heater ducts for the back seat in my double cab are under both front seats. I would imagine the acess cab is the same. Not sure what the louvers on the back of the console are for?

·
My name is Blake
Toyota Tacoma
4,913 Posts
Flyfisher said:
reinvent: The heater ducts for the back seat in my double cab are under both front seats. I would imagine the acess cab is the same. Not sure what the louvers on the back of the console are for?
I would like to confirm that under the driver and passenger seats there are vents where the air comes out. I have my Alpine TV brain on top of the vents. Fortunately, air still flows through without a problem. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2006 Tacoma TRD SP
110 Posts
The Access Cabs do not have rear heat vents only the Double Cabs do.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I dont think i ever noticed those vents in the back..Although I never really look at anything back there or spend time in the back

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
On my double cab:

To the right of that inverter is the heat ducts for the feet of the rear passengers. They are under both front seats.

These vents are for ventilation of the inverter that powers the bed plug outlet, if you have that option. If you don't have that option then the vents are useless.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
HMMMM..I never saw them vents I dont think..I am gonna have to look..i have the bed plug

1 - 8 of 8 Posts