Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to know if anyone has found a roof rack that will fit the access cab. I am looking to carry my canoe and a bike possibly, but havent found one that is made for the access cab, all that I have found are ones for the four door models. I have seen on N-Fab.com that they have a light bar that goes on the roof, do you think that it could be used as a mounting point? Any help is appreciated.

·
Chicks dig it...!
'06 Tacoma EC Sport
1,893 Posts
I've seen, I think a Thule or Yakima one for a canoe...looks like a ladder rack and I think the design of how it mounted on the cleats or the cleat track looked rather unstable and bulky. I remember a thread about it a long time ago.

For bikes i mount them in the bed...not on the roof

·
Registered
Nothing @ the moment
413 Posts
novataco said:
I've seen, I think a Thule or Yakima one for a canoe...looks like a ladder rack and I think the design of how it mounted on the cleats or the cleat track looked rather unstable and bulky. I remember a thread about it a long time ago.

For bikes i mount them in the bed...not on the roof
Novataco, what kind of mounts do you use for your bikes?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have an 05 access cab and use thule racks.They have a "fit kit" that works very well on my truck. I'm using the same x-bars that were on both my nissan and mazda p/u's. Expensive to get all the hardware, bars,feet,& clips but after that you usually use just have to pick up the "fit-kits" (About $50.00) for other vehicles. Check out their website.

·
Registered
319 Posts
jbb said:
I have an 05 access cab and use thule racks.They have a "fit kit" that works very well on my truck. I'm using the same x-bars that were on both my nissan and mazda p/u's. Expensive to get all the hardware, bars,feet,& clips but after that you usually use just have to pick up the "fit-kits" (About $50.00) for other vehicles. Check out their website.

Pictures JBB. Pictures???

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have the Yakima bars and fairing on my access cab. Looks pretty tuff. I had the yakima load warrior cargo basket up there too but it made so much noise and created such a drag that I moved it onto my cap. It looked mean as hell, but drove me cray!

·
Registered
641 Posts
1slktoy said:
Pictures JBB. Pictures???
I've got an accesscab, with Thule stuff on the cab and the shell. Kind of a crappy picture, but there's a24' extension ladder on it. I've also had 220' 2" pvc pipe, etc. I've got the bike attachment on the passenger side (don't have to pop the front wheel off). Ive got the little triangle pieces on the drivers side (3) to tie against.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts