Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
rick carpenter
99 Camry
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After satisfying a few financial obligations and paying some more on the '18 Rogue we just bought, I'll be looking for a 3rd gen access cab 2wd v6 long bed primarily for work. I like the idea of the utility package, but the future need to occasionally transport grandkids in child seats and then seats may negate that. I'm thinking the v6 would easily handle my lumber hauling needs. But what about a 10-12' jon boat + utility trailer or one of the mini rv's?

Any year/thing to avoid or any thing to add?

·
rick carpenter
99 Camry
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has anyone gone with an access cab utility package and wished they had the seats instead or wished they had the 4-door? The way I see it, the access cab seats aren't great and the back seats on the 4-door aren't much better.

·
Premium Member
1,897 Posts
My first Taco was an access cab, and every one since has been a double cab. I don't need the 6-foot bed, so I decided I'd rather have a real back seat in the cab.

·
rick carpenter
99 Camry
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ended up with a new 2019 SR5 v6 DCLB. First thing I did was sit in the rear seats. They are fine. Truck is fine, no issues, and approaching 1000 miles. It was intended to have been a fleet purchase, but that fell through, so it has zero dealer added options. I love the minimum feature set. To me, this is what a truck is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts