Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a 1" body lift done on my 2011 Tacoma. Never, thought about this and nothing in the Toytec literature about it. But can't get to the crank to lower the spare. The holes in the rear cross sill (I believe that's the part) are now too high to let the jack handle line up with the factory installed spare tire lock. It looks as if will have to cut the square holes lower, or perhaps drill/cut a hole in the bumper.
Has anyone had experience with this?
Thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had a 1" body lift done on my 2011 Tacoma. Never, thought about this and nothing in the Toytec literature about it. But can't get to the crank to lower the spare. Visiting Autoguysland to know what we should do when manual transmission wont go into gear if you concern. The holes in the rear cross sill (I believe that's the part) are now too high to let the jack handle line up with the factory installed spare tire lock. It looks as if will have to cut the square holes lower, or perhaps drill/cut a hole in the bumper.
Has anyone had experience with this?
Thank you!
According what i read, here is their answers. You can try if it helps or not.
  1. Remove the rear bumper valance (plastic cover) to access the spare tire carrier.
  2. Change the angle of the rear tire carrier.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I had found those. Removing the bump cover doesn’t work on the Tacoma. And have to remove the tire to change the angle on the carrier, which I couldn’t do!
I cut out the bottom of the access hole in the back of the cross sill. That took care of it.
DBE9033F-13CE-4ABE-A02D-2EBDD0B4F3BE.jpeg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts