Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this has been posted in another forum, I am sorry. I kept getting lost in threads that the title says it can help but nothing mentioned anywhere in it. I have a new 2010 Highlander (limited) and I need the Accessory (12v) to remain on after I turn off the ignition. I found a few websights that mention a "programming sequence" of the ignition (keyless), and the buttons on the steering wheel that will program it to do what I need, but the threads end without telling me how to do this. My Question, is this possible without wireing a direct wire to the battery. Is there a connector that will turn off the power to the outlet if the battery drain gets too low? Any help would be appriciated. Thanks
greg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more information

After a little more digging around, I found several threads talking about a "relay bypass" using a jumper wire. Well, bad news, I found the relay that controlls the accessory (12v) outlets, (left side of steering wheel, behind the little pull out holder, hard to get to, cant remove front panel due to knee airbag, 5 relays, left to right, #3, <blue-blue-ORANGE-blue-orange>) but in my model (2010 limited), it is also tied to the radio and navagation system. If jumpered at the relay, the radio will never cut off, assuring a dead battery in an hour. HELP!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts