Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of a weird question, but are accords lower than camrys in stock form? Do they have less of a wheel gap than camrys? ie. Gen4 vs. 1998-2001 accords?

·
camry Wookie
430 Posts
i have no idea, but there is always the possibility that the fender is simply cut differently than the camry, giving the effect of less wheel gap. i dunno, just my 2cents...

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
could you be comparing an accord coupe to camry? cause coupes usually sit a little lower than sedans, because of the "sportiness"

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I read up somewhere in the honda forums that the coupe seemed to be higher than the sedan. Anyway... I have a "friend" that has a 2001 accord sedan and he dropped his car with H&Rs, and it seems to be much much lower than mine (accords drop 1.5f and 1.2r) I was just wondering if accords are lower than camrys in stock form...

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Not really. They are about equal. I have stock suspension on my Gen 3, and I still will bottom out on a drive way (low frame rails). They sit about the same. Just with different trim on them (i.e.fenders)

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
how are you guaging your lowering, i'm guessing your doing it visually but the fender gap, and not by the inches from the ground. In the latter, i think they would be same/similar. On the fendergap, i have to admit, some cars (esp solara's) don't seem lowered when they are lowered!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replies! Well I guess the accord "looks" lower because of the ground clearance. (guess I should drop it lower now...):D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts