Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m going to buy a new car next year and I’m having a difficult time deciding between the Accord Sport or Camry SE Nightshade.
I really like the current generation Camry in White w/ nightshade edition. (I also the Accord sport in Sonic Gray)

Can you please give me your honest opinion between the Accord Sport and Camry SE Nightshade?

In all honesty, which car is better? In terms of exterior styling, interior quality, seat comfort, and ride quality?
And which car is a better fit for a tall person (I’m 6’4)

Interior quality is very important for me, I need to know which car has higher quality interior with more soft touch surfaces.

·
Registered
2012 Corolla CE
1,076 Posts
Honda is better at building engines than cars. Paint quality on Honda is pretty bad,my wife has a pretty ugly looking 2009 Civic with flaking clearcoat.My choice will be the Camry because it will still look good 10 years from now.

·
Registered
2010 Honda Accord
188 Posts
I think sonic grey is too new of a color to tell if it will chip or peel in the long term, but if you go for the Accord, just avoid white paint. Pretty sure you're the same person that asked this on my Accord forum, in which case you'll already know that the white paint has many quality issues. You may have seen as well that some tall folks like yourself are having issues with their knees hitting part of the center console in the 10th gen Accords- but only noticed the annoyance/discomfort after purchasing the car.

Do you live in a snowy area? If so, you might want to opt for the Camry, which now has AWD available.

Styling is also a personal preference, but personally, I prefer the exterior looks of the Camry. But also, let me say that styling should be used as the icing on the cake when buying a car, not as a major contributing factor in your purchase decision.

For an interior with soft touch surfaces, you might have to upgrade to a higher trim level on either model. Manufacturers generally tend to put hard plastics in base models and luxuri-fy the higher trim models.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Honda is better at building engines than cars. Paint quality on Honda is pretty bad,my wife has a pretty ugly looking 2009 Civic with flaking clearcoat.My choice will be the Camry because it will still look good 10 years from now.
Honda nor any other manufacturers make their own paint, they bought it from what used to be Dupont Coatings. Also during that time they were transitioning to water based paint and more environmentally friendly chemicals. It failed. Every vehicle made during that time seems to have the failing clear coat problem, including Toyota.
The Honda's have turbos which will wear out faster.
You watch too much Scotty Kilmer. However, like any other thing mechanical, they will eventually wear out and need to be replaced. But that doesn't mean they will cause premature engine failure. If they're going 200,000 miles before needing to be replaced that's good reliability. And to Honda's credit the turbo is right in front of the engine and easy to replace.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Go test drive them and read reliability reviews. You can best decide what YOU like best by actual experience. Compare price of ownership and quality of service.

·
Premium Member
2021 Avalon XSE Hybrid
4,839 Posts
I did.. is that okay?
Well... Ya.... but it's kinda' like walking into a Justin Beiber concert and asking people if they like Black Sabbath or Justin Beiber.

Except for a couple of members who have nothing good to say about Toyota, and a few more who may be more objective, most here are going to recommend the Camry.

Accord is an awesome car, but I'm not sold on Honda's long term reliability.
Look on the street when you are driving around... how many old Toyotas do you see still on the road, vs Nissan and Honda?

·
Registered
2008 Toyota Camry Base / CE
14,634 Posts
Well... Ya.... but it's kinda' like walking into a Justin Beiber concert and asking people if they like Black Sabbath or Justin Beiber.

Except for a couple of members who have nothing good to say about Toyota, and a few more who may be more objective, most here are going to recommend the Camry.

Accord is an awesome car, but I'm not sold on Honda's long term reliability.
Look on the street when you are driving around... how many old Toyotas do you see still on the road, vs Nissan and Honda?
Toyota < Honda < Lexus < Acura < Scion < Nissan < Mitsubishi < Subaru < Mazda < Suzuki < Isuzu
  1. Toyota
    1. Plenty of post 1993 models
  2. Honda
    1. Plenty of post 1996 models
  3. Lexus
    1. Plenty of 1998 models
  4. Acura
    1. A fair bit of post 1997 models
  5. Scion
    1. Plenty of late 2000's models
  6. Nissan
    1. Plenty of post post 2005 models
  7. Mitsubishi
    1. A fair bit of post 2003 models
  8. Subaru
    1. Plenty of WRX's to go around...
  9. Mazda
    1. A fair bit of post 2004 models
  10. Infiniti
    1. I didn't even know they were a thing in the 1990s
  11. Suzuki
    1. I see one every so often
  12. Isuzu
    1. I see one every so often

·
Registered
2008 Toyota Camry Base / CE
14,634 Posts
GM < Chrysler < Ford
  1. GM
    1. Plenty of 1990's C/K's
    2. Cavalier-type's are a dying breed
    3. Post 2000's Grand Prix's are a dying breed
  2. Chrysler
    1. A fair bit of 1990s Ram's
  3. Ford
    1. What is an 1990s F150?
    2. People hate the late 1990s early 2000s F150
    3. I see 1990's F250's sometimes
    4. Rangers, Rangers everywhere!

·
Camry Freak
Camry & Accord
2,333 Posts
Same advice I gave you in the Accord forum you posted this in: Go test drive both and see which one YOU like better.

Both are great cars. Both have good points and bad points. They drive very differently- so just test drive both and see which one you like better. Camry is quieter and rides better. Accord has a sportier ride and a better infotainment system... although it only has an 8" screen. Camry has a higher seating position.... you sit lower in the Accord. The best thing about the Accord Sport though are those gorgeous 19" alloy wheels.

If you go with the Accord, I'd suggest you consider the Sport Special Edition rather than the Sport model. You'll get a ton more features for only about $1500 more than a Sport. Leather, heated seats, full keyless access, heated mirrors, remote start, a bit more soft padding in the interior vs the Sport trim.

Also worth considering is the 2.0t Sport trim of the Accord. It's about $4500 more than the Accord Sport 1.5t, but it has the much more powerful motor, moonroof, heated seats, heated mirrors, full keyless entry, remote start, blind spot monitoring, remote start, and a 10-speed automatic instead of a CVT.

The Camry, even in SE trim, isn't really a sporty car. It's largely an appearance package. It will be more comfortable to live with and drive on a daily basis though. Plus, I honestly believe that Toyota has a slight edge over Honda in terms of long-term reliability. Interior quality is about the same. Both seem to do their best to put soft-touch materials in the places where it matters most.

Like I said though- test drive both and see which one YOU like best.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts