Toyota Nation Forum banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Geez. SMH (Shaking my head).

1) The ONLY opinion that matters is YOURS! You are the one buying it.
2) Do as people have said, post #15 said, and common sense dictates: test drive, sit in the car, kick the tires, etc. THIS WILL HELP YOU DECIDE.
3) Unless you are 5 years from death, this will NOT be your last car. If it turns out you HATE the car, the replacement vehicle will be the other car or something completely different.
4) Many people do not look at insurance and maintenance costs. Price insurance and maintenance costs for however long you plan to own the car.

I’m going to buy a new car next year and I’m having a difficult time deciding between the Accord Sport or Camry SE Nightshade.
I really like the current generation Camry in White w/ nightshade edition. (I also the Accord sport in Sonic Gray)
Flip coin then. BUT you say you really like the Camry, so get the Camry.

Can you please give me your honest opinion between the Accord Sport and Camry SE Nightshade?
In all honesty, which car is better?
The ONLY OPINION that matters is yours. You are buying it. You will be living with it for the next number of years. YOU NEED TO LIKE THE VEHICLE, NOT ANYONE ELSE!

In terms of exterior styling, interior quality, seat comfort, and ride quality?
And which car is a better fit for a tall person (I’m 6’4)
WHY the F haven't you sat in both?!
People at the same height are going to be built differently and have different views of what IS and IS NOT comfortable.

Interior quality is very important for me, I need to know which car has higher quality interior with more soft touch surfaces.
Again, why the F haven't you sat in both vehicles and touched everything to make sure it meets your "soft touch requirement".

MODERATORS, please lock this thread until OP reports he/she has:
1) test driven BOTH cars.
2) and touched all surfaces to determine "soft touch" levels.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Accord only has turbo engines, lots of people say turbos aren’t reliable and they don’t last as long as normal engines.
Toyota still offers normal engines and they seem to be much more reliable than Honda right?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have a 7 year old accord, never garaged. paint looks fantastic. 157k on it so far, but it needed a starter and water pump around 105-110k

Camry only at 46k at the moment.

buy what you like, maintain it vigorously

·
Registered
211 Posts
Reliability you can't beat Toyota's...as I get older, that's all I care. Speaking of paint, Subaru by far has the worst. My WRX would chip and peel off...detailers say Subaru's need very special process as they get damaged very easily.

Reactions: cb91710

·
Registered
629 Posts
The Accord with the 2.0 turbo 4 is a sleeper performance car. It will outrun a Camry TRD V6. Hondas somehow are faster than you would think and their 4 cylinders are as smooth as some V6s. I've owned 4 Honda products and I would put their reliability against Toyota any day. Great cars for the long haul.
2020 Toyota Camry TRD vs Honda Accord vs Mazda6 // DRAG & ROLL RACE - YouTube

·
Registered
2008 Toyota Camry Base / CE
14,718 Posts
Honda has always had a performance spec or performance inspired engine in their lineups so it's not a surprise when compared to Toyota and their two or three engines. Once the Honda and Toyota came out with their timing chain engines (K24 & 2AZ), their reliability is guaranteed. The 2AZ gets a bad reputation because it is so focused here on a Toyota forum. The K24 has its own issues but I guess the performance aspect overshadows it.

Pick your poison because all sides have their pros and cons and only the individual can determine which is for them.

·
Registered
629 Posts
My Acura TSX had the K24 engine and it was great. Even when revved to 7,000 rpms it was silky smooth and it pulled hard for a 4 cylinder engine. The only repairs needed were engine mounts. It developed the cold start VVT rattle that plagues Hondas and Toyotas but Honda says it won't effect long term durability. The worse thing about it is that it ate batteries, needed replacements every 2-3 years. When an accident ended it's life it had 218,000 miles on it and still ran strong and only burned 1 1/2 quarts of oil between 10,000 mile oil changes. And yes, it had 10,000 mile oil changes per the maintenance minder system it's entire life which I trust more than the Toyota mileage based system. In the Camry I change the oil every 5,000-6,000 miles just for peace of mind.

·
Registered
336 Posts
If you want a real sleeper, buy a Q50 3.0T. 400hp and can be modified for not much money to achieve 500+ hp

It all depends on what you want. Decide for yourself. You're a big boy now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Toyota has a normal automatic vs the Honda's CVT as well. I would go Camry if you want a NA engine and a regular automatic. I did like the style of the Accord better and was considering a 2.0T with the 10 speed but decided to stick with the Camry to save money for the sports car I want to add later

·
Registered
279 Posts
I love these discussions...trying to sway someone whose looking to buy a car in a year. So much will change in the next year, hell gas prices may be over $5/gal and you want an electric car now.

Go get some seat time in all the models out there and report back YOUR thoughts/findings against folks on this forum. You have been on this site for 4 years it shows, what has been your experience with Toyota's in that time?

·
Registered
407 Posts
1 car was Dodge Colt (more Corolla like), 1 car was Honda Accord with transmission gasket leak, everything else is Toyota (5)

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
I’m going to buy a new car next year and I’m having a difficult time deciding between the Accord Sport or Camry SE Nightshade.
I really like the current generation Camry in White w/ nightshade edition. (I also the Accord sport in Sonic Gray)

Can you please give me your honest opinion between the Accord Sport and Camry SE Nightshade?

In all honesty, which car is better? In terms of exterior styling, interior quality, seat comfort, and ride quality?

Interior quality is very important for me, I need to know which car has higher quality interior with more soft touch surfaces.
I don't know why you come here to ask about an Accord, but i think for someone 6'4", both will be a bit tight, but i think you have more head room front and back in a Camry, they really made the lines sleeker in the Honda, which personally i don't care for but i am only 5' 8" so either car i would be comfortable in.

·
Registered
2014 Avalon
55 Posts

In all honesty, which car is better? In terms of exterior styling, interior quality, seat comfort, and ride quality?

Test drive a Avalon. They're bigger and are more comfortable then a Camry or Accord. Top trim levels have a leg extension for taller drivers which at 6'4 would be helpful for you. Test one out and the plus side you get a V6 or fuel efficient Hybrid

·
Registered
19 Posts

Your question is difficult to answer.
So IP am going to give you just my opinion.
Unless you are buying a Hybrid there is no way in hell I would suggest to buy a 4 cylinder car, turbo or not.
And the only 6cyl. is available on Toyota.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts