Toyota Nation Forum banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Avalon XSE Hybrid
4,884 Posts
I don't know why you come here to ask about an Accord, but i think for someone 6'4", both will be a bit tight, but i think you have more head room front and back in a Camry, they really made the lines sleeker in the Honda, which personally i don't care for but i am only 5' 8" so either car i would be comfortable in.
+1
I didn't notice the 6'4" comment.
I had no problem with my '16 Corolla or '21 Avalon.
Our pool vehicles at work are mostly Civics.
I hate the things.
They're OK once I'm in, but there's something about the roof line that always causes me to whack my head getting into them, and if it's a tight parking space, forget it.... I can't get in or out.
It feels like they sit lower to the ground than the Toyotas, which makes getting in much more difficult for a larger person.

·
Premium Member
2021 Avalon XSE Hybrid
4,884 Posts
Black cars always look dirty if not washed regularly and get too hot in the sun.
I bought her a Covercraft windshield cover and a California Car Duster.
It gets washed every time she gets gas.

The heat hasn't bothered her, the AC works pretty well, and this is SoCal Inland Empire weather.
I stuck a temperature sensor (like I use in my guitar cases) in my Avalon and it generally hits about 135... it's Ruby Fire, so it's a dark red.

Azure Font Line Screenshot Electric blue

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought her a Covercraft windshield cover and a California Car Duster.
It gets washed every time she gets gas.

The heat hasn't bothered her, the AC works pretty well, and this is SoCal Inland Empire weather.
I stuck a temperature sensor (like I use in my guitar cases) in my Avalon and it generally hits about 135... it's Ruby Fire, so it's a dark red.

View attachment 348204
It is going to be a lot of washes. Her car only has 11 gallon tank.
I once had a black Infinity QX4. Never again. White only from now on for me. My wife has red rose Sienna. A lot hotter than my pearl white Highlander.
It is not how well AC works but how hot the car gets in the sun while sitting. Even with the heat shield on the front windshield.
And my QX4 had 300 extra pounds of insulation. Well known fact, black absorbs the most heat.
I also live in SoCal. San Fernando Valley.

·
Premium Member
2021 Avalon XSE Hybrid
4,884 Posts
It is going to be a lot of washes. Her car only has 11 gallon tank.
14, but she doesn't put on a lot of miles.
I can make it to work and back 6 days on the Avalon... 530 or so miles, so mine gets washed once a week or so.
She's had hers for 6 weeks and only has 900 miles on it, so she's only put gas in it twice.... she's got about 200 miles to empty.

·
Registered
2019 HL EXL AWD predawn grey mica 2006 Corolla LE
72 Posts
I’m going to buy a new car next year and I’m having a difficult time deciding between the Accord Sport or Camry SE Nightshade.
I really like the current generation Camry in White w/ nightshade edition. (I also the Accord sport in Sonic Gray)

Can you please give me your honest opinion between the Accord Sport and Camry SE Nightshade?

In all honesty, which car is better? In terms of exterior styling, interior quality, seat comfort, and ride quality?
And which car is a better fit for a tall person (I’m 6’4)

Interior quality is very important for me, I need to know which car has higher quality interior with more soft touch surfaces.
From what I've been reading, Honda's QC has been declining somewhat. Plus their 1.5 L turbo has been giving people problems and Honda's answer has been to increase their warantee instead of fixing it. Not to my liking.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Is windchill pearl considered white for this purpose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
14, but she doesn't put on a lot of miles.
I can make it to work and back 6 days on the Avalon... 530 or so miles, so mine gets washed once a week or so.
She's had hers for 6 weeks and only has 900 miles on it, so she's only put gas in it twice.... she's got about 200 miles to empty.
Those idiots from Motortrend just had a small review article on Venza. They said 11. I am going to write them an email.
Ok so what gas mileage do you get? They said on freeway doing 75-80mph 35mpg. Is that true?
I am actually planning to buy new car soon. I want Highlander XSE but Hybrid. They don't make one.
Next on the list is Sienna XSE. Now maybe Venza because it has 14.5 gallon tank and should get 40mpg which is 560 miles at least.
I can actually drive 500 miles non-stop on the trip. But I need to be able to sleep in my car which I can do in my Highlander and Sienna but I don't know
if Venza is large enough to put in 6 foot mattress. I heard that it has less space than RAV4. Normally I drive about 250 miles per week. So
pumping gas every two weeks would be perfect for me.

·
Registered
2020 Camry SE Nightshade
72 Posts
If Honda had offered me the equivalent(Accord Sport?) for what I paid for my SE, I probably would have purchased the Accord since I liked the interior more. I saved almost $4000 getting the Camry since Honda wasn't budging much at the time. For the savings, I learned to appreciate the Camry interior :)

·
Registered
87 Cressida Wagon 5MGE AT
94 Posts
Full transparency; I’ve never owned a Camry. Not for any reason against them, just never came across my line of sight. What I can offer is that I have owned 9 Toyotas and 4 Hondas. Hands down, the Toyotas have the most long lasting engines! Drove a 76 Corolla w 376000 miles that still had a strong engine but the suspension/clutch finally made it undriveable. I currently own and love a 1987 Cressida wagon and the engine is exquisite! I also have a 2014 Sienna. The down side to Toyota is the suspension. My old Corolla, my 83 Celica, my 84 Supra, my 03 Sienna all had issue after issues. What I also hate about Toyotas is that they are squeaky. Something somewhere is always squeaking, tapping, or clicking. Nothing like my 77 Triumph, but still usually aggravating.
On the other hand, my 85 Accord, my 87 Accord, and my 02 Oddessy all blew trannies.

·
Registered
87 Cressida Wagon 5MGE AT
94 Posts
Sorry. Hit the post button too quick

Full transparency; I’ve never owned a Camry. Not for any reason against them, just never came across my line of sight. What I can offer is that I have owned 9 Toyotas and 4 Hondas. Hands down, the Toyotas have the most long lasting engines! Drove a 76 Corolla w 376000 miles that still had a strong engine but the suspension/clutch finally made it undriveable. I currently own and love a 1987 Cressida wagon and the engine is exquisite! I also have a 2014 Sienna. The down side to Toyota is the suspension. My old Corolla, my 83 Celica, my 84 Supra, my 87 Cressida, my 03 Sienna all had suspension issues. What I also hate about Toyotas is that they are squeaky. Something somewhere is always squeaking, tapping, or clicking. Nothing like my 77 Triumph, but still usually aggravating. Doors, window weather stripping, dash trim, etc. All clicking and squealing.
On the other hand, my 85 Accord, my 87 Accord, and my 02 Oddessy all blew trannies. Solutions are all at hand but a lot of money and expense.
Verdict? Like everyone has said, buy what you like and realize that issues and problems WILL occur as time goes on. Regardless of which car you buy, you will have maintenance and upkeep. My one bit of informed and biased opinion I will contribute is AVOID Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep. I have owned several and can bore you for hours about their poor long term longevity and reliability. I’m sure I will get flamed for knocking DCJ, just know I have owned Ford, Chevy, Pontiac, Toyotas, Honda, Mazda, Fiat, Saturn, Infinity, Nissan, Datsun, Triumph, MG, Volkswagon and Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep. Nothing could convince me to buy another Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep at this point.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m going to buy a new car next year and I’m having a difficult time deciding between the Accord Sport or Camry SE Nightshade.
I really like the current generation Camry in White w/ nightshade edition. (I also the Accord sport in Sonic Gray)

Can you please give me your honest opinion between the Accord Sport and Camry SE Nightshade?

In all honesty, which car is better? In terms of exterior styling, interior quality, seat comfort, and ride quality?
And which car is a better fit for a tall person (I’m 6’4)

Interior quality is very important for me, I need to know which car has higher quality interior with more soft touch surfaces.
You can't go wrong with either of them, when taken care of properly they will both go for hundreds of thousands of miles. It is just your personal preference. I still change the oil in my vehicles at 3-4 thousand miles, and never had one that burned oil.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Your question is difficult to answer.
So IP am going to give you just my opinion.
Unless you are buying a Hybrid there is no way in hell I would suggest to buy a 4 cylinder car, turbo or not.
And the only 6cyl. is available on Toyota.
Lets see..... There used to be V8s, So now the 6 is king? Lol 4s are great at 40+ MPG's!

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Camry XSE V6
564 Posts
Lets see..... There used to be V8s, So now the 6 is king? Lol 4s are great at 40+ MPG's!
Well, things have gotten more efficient in modern times. Today’s V6s produce much more power than past V8s; same story with modern I4s and old V6s. However, now modern turbo I4s compete with modern V6s in terms of power and fuel economy; which one to get depends on the buyer’s preferences and the car as a whole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2021 Avalon XSE Hybrid
4,884 Posts
Those idiots from Motortrend just had a small review article on Venza. They said 11. I am going to write them an email.
Ok so what gas mileage do you get? They said on freeway doing 75-80mph 35mpg. Is that true?
I am actually planning to buy new car soon. I want Highlander XSE but Hybrid. They don't make one.
Next on the list is Sienna XSE. Now maybe Venza because it has 14.5 gallon tank and should get 40mpg which is 560 miles at least.
I can actually drive 500 miles non-stop on the trip. But I need to be able to sleep in my car which I can do in my Highlander and Sienna but I don't know
if Venza is large enough to put in 6 foot mattress. I heard that it has less space than RAV4. Normally I drive about 250 miles per week. So
pumping gas every two weeks would be perfect for me.
Ya, it's actually 14.5, (my Avalon is 13.2)
My wife is getting 34, but for comparison, she got 18-20 out of her '15 Rav4.
She seems to think that zig-zagging through the city is the shortest distance between two points, so he's hard on brakes, tires, and gas.
For another comparison, my Avalon is EPA rated at 43, and I'm getting 47+ out of it.
Venza is rated 37-40, so MT may be realistic at 38 hwy... speed kills and at 75-80 the ICE was running a good portion of the time.

I'm not sure the Venza will hold a 6ft mattress.... it'll be close. It has a slightly smaller cargo capacity than the Rav4, but that is mainly because of the slope of the hatch and lower rear roof line. It's 39" from the rear seat to the hatch, but the published specs don't give a distance to the back of the front seats.
Rear leg room is just under 39, so it does look like you have at least 78" total behind the front seats.

And don't forget that even with the 14.5 gallon tank, Toyota likes to program "E" and the "you're gonna walk" light to come on with 2.5-3 gallons remaining. Realistically, I'd plan refueling around 450 miles or so.

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
3,748 Posts
The paint on my 2012 Camry in Super White was failing within 4 years, that to me is unacceptable!

·
Registered
44 Posts
41 - 60 of 66 Posts