Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody here had to replace their clutch?

Did you replace with an ACT or performance grade clutch?

Whether you did or not, did you need to get a longer pushrod
so that the New Clutch would disengage fully?

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
I went for OEM on my clutch last year... could find an aftermarket clutch on time.

·
pseudo-systematic
176 Posts
if you have a heavily modded car ACT clutches are the way to go. i have put them in a few RX-7s and they are totally superior to stock in most all respects. if youre car is stock the only difference you will notice with an ACT is that the pedal is stiffer, and engagement is quicker. i have never heard of having to get a new pushrod with a performance clutch and i think the stock one would be fine.

·
Not so noob anymore
130 Posts
I replaced mine with Centreforce. I find I have more 'pull' than before.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm a vote for the centerforce.

What have you got, the stage 1? How long have you had it? any complaints? 'bout how much did it cost you (just the kit) and did you have to by the release bearing separately?

·
Not so noob anymore
130 Posts
Centreforce 1. According to them, its supposed to be an additional 30% hold. It certainly feels like it to me. It's been installed for a couple of months now. Still loving it, and it has given me more accurate control on starts (i.e. there's hardly any delay when I engage) and I can hold it on hills without falling back all the time like I use to. Prices are below. I bought/installed through www.masterperformance.ca

(Stage 1) # CF035542
Online price - $375US
MasterPerformance $409.50 cdn
(dual fric) # DF542035 $485US
MasterPerformance $529.50 cdn
T.O. bearing 840 (about $40 cdn)

Yes, the bearing was needed. The shop thought they would also need a pilot bearing, but this is what the T.O. bearing was.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts