Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering how to get information about actual cost to a dealer for a new Tacoma V-6 SR5. Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,703 Posts
AAA or Consumer Reports will provide you with a complete readout for a few bucks. You can check that out at their respective web sites. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'm a AAA Member but have been striking out on their website. Called the toll free #. They were willing to send a Tow Truck, but suggested I call my local branch after the weekend.

I'm feeling like I could use that guy in your icon in my dealings with my local dealer :eek:

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,703 Posts
Thanks. I'm a AAA Member but have been striking out on their website. Called the toll free #. They were willing to send a Tow Truck, but suggested I call my local branch after the weekend.

I'm feeling like I could use that guy in your icon in my dealings with my local dealer :eek:
I've always used Consumer Reports myself. One piece of advice. When you go to the dealer the saleman will come to understand that you've got the dealer's cost down cold, and then he'll ask where you got your information. You tell him CR or AAA, then the next words out of his mouth will be how inaccurate they are and they don't really reflect dealer cost. :nofu: I always respond to that with, "Regardless of what you may say, I consider this information accurate and it is what I'm basing my numbers on...period." They usually back off and accept that, then figure they'll try to get you to bend over and take it big time for all the dealer add-ons and services. :nofu:

·
ALSO AVAILABLE IN SOBER
7,457 Posts
Many sites like KBB abd NADA will provide you with the invoice price for free. Dealers don't generally go below invoice unless there is a rebate of some kind. Dealer holdback and ad coop money is a small percentage. Since dealers are a for profit business, they are inclined to try to make a buck (can't blame em).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts