Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My primary question is: Is it possible to add a headphone Jack to the dash? The Aux is an input and I'm looking for an output for headphones for driver or passenger... Didn't know if the Toyota radio has something that would allow for that... or if one of the products below do?

I am using this to install Sirius (includes VAIS SLS2 and Sirius SCC1:
http://www.tss-radio.com/toyota-sirius-interface-package-auxiliary-p-4471.html

VAIS also has a product for iPod integration but it's like $225 so not sure if I"ll add that as well:
http://www.vaistech.com/sl2i.php

I"ll also check out DICE and the mp3guys.com

Any other thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated!

I have a 2006 Sienna with JBL, Factory Navigation, and Rear DVD Entertainment

·
Registered
2005 Sienna
6 Posts
Valval,

One option for Siennas with Nav and Rear DVD is to go to ipodcarpros.com and purchase their PA-20, which adds both iPod and Aux connections to the factory radio system.

It connects to an ECU in the rear under the right-side cupholders. Your satellite receiver would connect using an RCA (left/right) to 3.5 mini-phono plug that should plug right into the headphone or audio output of your sat receiver.

The PA-20 is $150 and I've just installed it for my iPod and got the benefit of my sat receiver.

Look into it.

Colby

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read one of your posts somewhere... Which Sienna do you have???

I called and they said the PA-20 should be able to go right into back of stereo on the 2006 with nav and DVD... Let me know : )

·
Registered
2005 Sienna
6 Posts
My Sienna's a 2005 with Nav and rear DVD.

If what they're saying is true, your experience should be better than mine. All you'll need to do is pop the left and right dashboard trim pieces, pry up the center speaker grill and unscrew the four screws holding the nav system in place (just make sure you don't lose your grip on the screws!)

I wound up doing this just to find out after a call to the manufacturer of the PA-20 (USASpec), that my model nav (E7006) does not have the connector on the back and that that I would need to connect to the ECU.

Ultimately, the PA-20 looks to the Nav system like a 9-disk cd changer where disks 1-6 are playlists on the iPod, disk 7 is all songs controlled by the audio controls on the radio and on the steering wheel, disk 8 gives control back to the iPod itself, and disk 9 is the aux input (for my it's my sat receiver).

I hope things work out for you!

Colby

1 - 4 of 4 Posts