Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Nostalgia Member
6,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes ... FRONT and REAR sway bars, not strut tower bars ... has anyone tried these?

they are for the Gen 4, but im wondering if the FSB will fit the Gen 3 since George just proved that the front coilovers fit ...

im surprised nobody has checked these out yet!

FSB = 22mm

RSB = 19mm

Addco has them on their website as well ... i wonder if they are currently in production

·
Nostalgia Member
6,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whiteline's Front and Rear for the Gen 4 are a bit more beefy (24mm and 20mm), however they dont make a Front for the Gen 3 and their rear is 18mm (Part # BTR36)

so to answer your question ... no, their bar isnt 21mm ... the stock isnt 19mm ... and 19mm isnt mediocre

·
I HAS BOOST!!!
94 Camry SE V6 Coup
10,728 Posts
as its been said before, many criticize an upgraded FSB as causing more understeer and that it really isnt necissary. i dont know many people have mounted one and the one guy i have talked to was nutral on its performance.

·
Nostalgia Member
6,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it will help ALOT with body roll, and you can counteract understeer with a decent coilover setup ... so anyone who would be looking to get one shouldnt be too worried

·
God Machine
Camry
526 Posts
I would not install a Front Sway bar, the car tend to understeer, this will just make it worst, the OEM should be fine

For the rear end this is an other story, this is one of the best thing you can do to the car, I'd do that before getting new tires or suspension

·
The Greek....
96 Camry
1,471 Posts
i doubt it will fit. The sway bar links on the gen 4 attatch to the strut and the gen 3 attatches to the lower control arm. So the sway bar from the gen 4 probably has a different end to componsate for that. I dont know, just my 2 cents.

·
Nostalgia Member
6,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh, i thought the gen 4 attached to the LCAs too :(

well that means it should fit yours, George ... because dont your JICs have a place to mount the FSB then?

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
It really doesnt make sense to do a FSB and a RSB... the RSB on the gen 3 helps a lot with understeer, I would think youd be right back to where you started if you did both- less body roll perhaps, but the same understeer.

I would just go with a whiteline rear bar and call it a day, the car should be on rails after that.

·
God Machine
Camry
526 Posts
^ eh, finally someone who knows what he is talking about ;)

·
Nostalgia Member
6,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
it would benefit from a front sway, but not alone. if you add a stiffer (than stock) sway bar to the front without changing the rear you will create a drastically understeering car. if you buy a set that is matched front+rear then you will effectively be flattening the car in turns by keeping the balance dynamic the same as stock.
basically, the good thing about a FSB & RSB combo is:

+ minimal body roll
+ upgraded handling over stock

and since you are upgrading both, if you used a matched pair (or even a slightly larger RSB than the recommended match) then you will have less understeer than stock

·
The Greek....
96 Camry
1,471 Posts
oh, i thought the gen 4 attached to the LCAs too :(

well that means it should fit yours, George ... because dont your JICs have a place to mount the FSB then?
yes

·
Nostalgia Member
6,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wait a second ...

the K-Sports have a place to mount the FSB as well if its attached like the RSB!

those are on all four ^

·
God Machine
Camry
526 Posts
^^ It's because it's generic.. they are shipping the front/rear sway bar mount with all shocks..

K-Sport, they have a shock and when you order they put the right mounting bracket to it and ship the stuff.. it's not like it's made EXPRESS for the camry

·
Nostalgia Member
6,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i realize that ....

my point was that we could use a Gen 4 FSB since we now have mounting points in the front

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
You already have almost no body roll with coilovers, so I dont believe a front bar is necessary. I would say coils and a rear sway will give you the best handling and plenty of room for adjustment.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I have FSB and RSB on my tC and i feel the difference the FSB makes. I previously had stock FSB and TRD RSB. I hope the Camry has the same affect with the FSB.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.