Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
We are in deer country and vehicle/deer collisions are very common.

-Can a deer/grill guard be added to a Highlander?
-Are there specific makes/manufacturers of grill guards that work best with Highlanders?
-Is this something that Toyota dealers install?

Thank you

·
Registered
102 Posts
Does anyone know of a collision with a vehicle equipped with those deer whistles? I know their effectiveness may be dubious by all accounts I’ve read. All I know is we used to drive from Chicago to the family farm in LaCrosse, WI quite often back in the 70s and 80s and never hit anything that whole time, but would see deer watching us go by at night ocassionally. Been using them since moving to TX in the early 80s also with no collisions. So I stuck a pair on our 2017 HiHy too. Knock on wood have traveled all over TX, to Vegas, Orlando, FL and Chicago since without incident.

·
6,242 Posts
Deer came into son's Civic from the side, caved in entire rear quarter. So much for bull bars. I look at this stoically. If it's your karma, you'll get hit no matter how you "protect" yourself, so STOP DRAWING THAT KARMA.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Does anyone know of a collision with a vehicle equipped with those deer whistles? I know their effectiveness may be dubious ....
Add on to what you have read:
Depends on how the Grill Guard (and Bull Bar) is mounted to the front-end (most are attached to the car's frame/sub-frame, so if the impact is strong enough and on the right spot, that can also cause some damage to the frame... needless to say if its that strong of an impact, the grill guard will likely bend/fold in to the headlights and etc.

One thing I am not certain is under those circumstances, the air bag(s) did not deploy and the driver did get hurt to some degrees, will insurance company dispute on the injury claim?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts