Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody. Does anybody know if the bird eye view can be added to my 2018 Camry XSE V6? I have everything except that. I went to DR and 2 of my cousins have the same Camry XSE(one a V4 and one a V6) and kinda fell in love with the view. I was gonna take apart one of their mirrors and see how it was connected but had to cut my trip short for work. Thanks in advance.

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
1,789 Posts
Anything is possible with a lot of money. You can go through the toyota parts website and find everything you'll need, https://parts.toyota.com/___Cars.html. It'll probably cost you around 2-3k for everything. It's not worth it. You are better off selling the car and buying a v6 with the birds eye view.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. To sell and rebuy I’ll end up loosing way more. I think I’ll just leave it as is.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hey everybody. Does anybody know if the bird eye view can be added to my 2018 Camry XSE V6? I have everything except that. I went to DR and 2 of my cousins have the same Camry XSE(one a V4 and one a V6) and kinda fell in love with the view. I was gonna take apart one of their mirrors and see how it was connected but had to cut my trip short for work. Thanks in advance.
When I was searching for a Camry with Bird's eyes view, I went to the dealer telling them that is the only option I wanted for my car. I asked if it would be possible to add that option on a vehicle that doesnt have it. They told me "No", it cannot be add on. I guess it is either they are too lazy/a hassle to do it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
When I was searching for a Camry with Bird's eyes view, I went to the dealer telling them that is the only option I wanted for my car. I asked if it would be possible to add that option on a vehicle that doesnt have it. They told me "No", it cannot be add on. I guess it is either they are too lazy/a hassle to do it.
Packages like that are done at the factory. If they require different wiring harnesses inside the car (they probably all do) it'd be too much work for a dealer to tear the car apart to swap a harness that was installed at the factory. And it'd be more parts that dealers would have to keep in stock.

I checked into getting the upgraded heated/ts/bsm mirrors for my SE, but the harness in the door that the mirrors plug into doesn't have the extra wires, which means that the harness that goes through the door jam and into the kick panel (and gets wrapped up with 1000 other wires) is different with that package.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Packages like that are done at the factory. If they require different wiring harnesses inside the car (they probably all do) it'd be too much work for a dealer to tear the car apart to swap a harness that was installed at the factory. And it'd be more parts that dealers would have to keep in stock.

I checked into getting the upgraded heated/ts/bsm mirrors for my SE, but the harness in the door that the mirrors plug into doesn't have the extra wires, which means that the harness that goes through the door jam and into the kick panel (and gets wrapped up with 1000 other wires) is different with that package.
So that’s interesting you brought up the BSM mirrors as I was interested in adding those some time in the future but obviously haven’t done as much research as you have. But do you know what the purpose of all those additional wires are? Is it simply to make them work (mostly interested in the BSM and the signal part of the side mirrors) or to make them beep whenever you attempt to change lanes with someone in your blind spot? Cause I can do without the latter, but obviously I don’t want to spend the money on the upgrade if they just won’t work at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
339 Posts
So that’s interesting you brought up the BSM mirrors as I was interested in adding those some time in the future but obviously haven’t done as much research as you have. But do you know what the purpose of all those additional wires are? Is it simply to make them work (mostly interested in the BSM and the signal part of the side mirrors) or to make them beep whenever you attempt to change lanes with someone in your blind spot? Cause I can do without the latter, but obviously I don’t want to spend the money on the upgrade if they just won’t work at all.
This listing has a picture of the BSM mirror plug. My stock SE connector will fit that plug, but only the round left-side is used, and only three wires are connected (one for each motor + ground). It looks like the BSM mirror has two extra pins on the round connector, plus two more on that square connector. My guess is that one wire is for BSM, one for the turn signal in the mirror, and one for the heating element. Just guessing though.

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
5,115 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you can get your hands on a TechStream and learn how to program and how to read a electrical wiring diagram from Toyota TIS you MIGHT be able to get optional equipment working. Is an ECU needed? Is another wiring harness needed? What parameters in the ECU needs to be changed? What is needed? I wouldn't know.

For me, if you are gonna buy a brand new car you have to get it with all the optional extra's you want because just by buying a new car you are already spending a lot of money so you might as well spend extra to get each and every optional equipment that you want whether that is JBL Premium Audio, 360 View, Birds Eye View, Blind Spot Monitoring System, Radar Cruise Control, LED tail lights, whatever you want.

If you know that there are options you want that are "plug-in-play" then you can bypass the optional extra's. This may include HID's, wheels, exhaust system, LED bed lighting, extra's that do not require the ECU.

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
This listing has a picture of the BSM mirror plug. My stock SE connector will fit that plug, but only the round left-side is used, and only three wires are connected (one for each motor + ground). It looks like the BSM mirror has two extra pins on the round connector, plus two more on that square connector. My guess is that one wire is for BSM, one for the turn signal in the mirror, and one for the heating element. Just guessing though.
Don't guess, look at a electrical wiring diagram.

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
I guess these are the main questions you should ask yourself:
  • What is mechanical?
  • What is electrical?
  • What is programmable?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I do have every other option besides the birds eye view. That’s all I’m interested in. But I’ll keep searching. If I find one at a yard or go back on vacation I will take it apart and see how it works or see if it’s different from mine.

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
I do have every other option besides the birds eye view. That’s all I’m interested in. But I’ll keep searching. If I find one at a yard or go back on vacation I will take it apart and see how it works or see if it’s different from mine.
If you look at a wiring diagram you can learn a lot.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If you can get your hands on a TechStream and learn how to program and how to read a electrical wiring diagram from Toyota TIS you MIGHT be able to get optional equipment working. Is an ECU needed? Is another wiring harness needed? What parameters in the ECU needs to be changed? What is needed? I wouldn't know.

For me, if you are gonna buy a brand new car you have to get it with all the optional extra's you want because just by buying a new car you are already spending a lot of money so you might as well spend extra to get each and every optional equipment that you want whether that is JBL Premium Audio, 360 View, Birds Eye View, Blind Spot Monitoring System, Radar Cruise Control, LED tail lights, whatever you want.

If you know that there are options you want that are "plug-in-play" then you can bypass the optional extra's. This may include HID's, wheels, exhaust system, LED bed lighting, extra's that do not require the ECU.
I bought my car used and I'm just adding little things here and there since it's a bit of a hobby of mine. I don't really "need" BSM, it just would be nice to have.

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
I bought my car used and I'm just adding little things here and there since it's a bit of a hobby of mine. I don't really "need" BSM, it just would be nice to have.
There's nothing wrong with that. There is just a wall you will reach eventually and you have to decide whether or not climbing it is worth it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts