Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Drmonkey1313
05 Toyota Highlander
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am getting ready to remove my cloth seats from my 2005 HL and add heated leather seats. I am going to put two stage (low and high) heated leather in the drivers and passenger front seats as well as the middle row of seats, but not in the third row.

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a leather company to use or if anyone else has done or had this done in their HL and can share their thoughts and experiences with me?

I think I would like to stick with the same gray color as the cloth seats that are in the HL now, so everything matches nicely. I just don't know which leather company is the best and am hoping you all can help me.

Thanks in advance and have a great day!

·
Registered
'06 Seinna XLE AWD, '04 Highlander V6 4WD
1,308 Posts
Great idea think it would be $$$$$$$ through! Good luck!

·
Drmonkey1313
05 Toyota Highlander
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. It actually isn't that bad. The carbon fiber two stage seat heaters are only a few hundred per pair and I found Katzkin leather for all three rows for around $1100. I have heard that Katzkin leather is one of the best leather seats out there, but don't know if that is true or not.

I figure for less than $2000, I can have a brand new, leather interior that has the heated seats options that Toyota doesn't offer. Not to bad IMO.

·
Registered
'01& '06 Highlanders
159 Posts
Katzkin is a nice company. I have an 01 and 06, both have factory leather seats with heat.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have not done this to my Highlander, but my dad has had his interior completely redone in his 72 t-bird. He knew a guy that did upholstery and it came out beautifully. Aftermarket leather is fantastic if you have the right people doing it. I have to say though, I'm not sure if I like my Highlander enough to put that much EXTRA cash into it. Good luck.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have had Katzkin leather installed in my 08 Camry since 1 month after I purchased it new. The leather has held up as well or better than coworkers who have OEM leather. Whichever leather you choose, make sure you find out whether it is treated or untreated leather. This will make all the difference in choosing what chemicals you will clean it with. I paid $999 installed for my leather interior so the $1100 seems like a good price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts