Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My wife & I have a 2006 Corolla CE that has factory installed power door locks and power windows. I had the car at the dealer a few weeks ago for a CEL (ECM replacement) and inquired about adding keyless entry.

The service writer said he had to check the car first to see if it could be programmed, which he did by starting the car and putting it into gear. His statement was that if the doors locked when the car was put into gear (which they did), that it was ready to go.

So I found a used keyless remote that, according to the description, matches this car. I followed the programming steps that I found by searching these forums (see link below), but I can't get the car into programming mode. I did another search on the forum about programming, but I couldn't find a posting where someone already had factory power locks and was trying to add keyless (they were adding power locks and keyless).

Is there another step that needs to be taken? Does the car itself need to have some feature enabled first by the dealer? I'm making an assumption that the car has all the right hardware, but I guess it's possible some kind of receiver needs to be added to the car. Any help?

Programming link:

http://programyourremote.com/classified/DisplayAd.asp?id=1241

·
Offcial TN Newbie
288 Posts
Keyless Entry Programming
1. REGISTRATION OF RECOGNITION CODE HINT:

o The add mode is used to retain the already registered codes while registering a new recognition code. This mode is used when adding a transmitter. If the number of the registered codes exceeds 4, the previously registered code will be correspondingly erased in order, starting from the first registered code.
o The rewrite mode is used to erase all the previously registered codes and register only new recognition codes. This mode is used when exchanging the transmitter or the door control receiver for new one.
o The prohibition mode is used to erase all the registered codes and cancel the wireless door lock function. Use this mode when the transmitter is lost.
o The confirmation mode is to confirm how many recognition codes have already been registered before an additional registration of a recognition code.
o All the following registration procedures must be performed in order continuously.

1. The vehicle should be in the following conditions.

1. No key is in the ignition key cylinder.
2. Driver's door is opened (the other doors are closed).
3. Driver's door is unlocked.

2. Perform the following operations to select the desired mode.

1. Insert and remove the key from the ignition switch twice within 5 seconds .
2. After the above operations, close and open the driver door twice within 40 seconds . Then insert the key into the ignition key cylinder and remove it.
3. After the above operations, close and open the driver door twice within 40 seconds . Then insert the key into the ignition key cylinder and close the door.
4. Turn the ignition switch from LOCK to ON and back to LOCK at approximately 1 second intervals 1 to 5 times to select a mode (see the table). Then remove the key from the ignition key cylinder. NOTE: If the number of the ON-LOCK operations of the ignition switch is 0, 4 or 6 or more, there will be no response (power door lock and unlock operation) to inform which mode has been selected.
5. After selecting a mode, the integration relay automatically performs the power door LOCK-UNLOCK operation within 3 seconds to inform the selected mode (see the table).

HINT:

* In confirmation mode, the LOCK-UNLOCK operation will occur once for each recognition code that has been registered. For example, if 2 recognition codes have been registered, the LOCK-UNLOCK operation will occur 2 times.
* In confirmation mode, if no recognition codes have been registered, the LOCK-UNLOCK operation will occur 5 times.
* In confirmation mode and prohibition mode, once a LOCK-UNLOCK operation response has occurred, the registration procedure will end.

3. Register the new recognition codes (Add mode or Rewrite mode):

1. Within 40 seconds after the add mode or the rewrite mode has been selected, press the LOCK and UNLOCK switches on the transmitter simultaneously for 1.0 to 1.5 seconds .Within 3 seconds after the previous operation, press either one of the switches for more than 1.0 seconds .
2. Within 3 seconds after the transmitter switch has been turned OFF, the LOCK-UNLOCK operation will be automatically performed once if the registration of the recognition code of the transmitter is completed correctly. In case the LOCK-UNLOCK operation is performed twice, the registration of recognition code has failed. Perform the registration procedure from the beginning once again.
3. If multiple transmitters need to be registered, repeat step (1) within 40 seconds after the previous registration. HINT:

o 4 recognition codes can be registered at once.
o If even one of the following conditions is satisfied, the registration mode will finish.
o 40 seconds have elapsed since the most recent transmitter registration.
o Any of the doors is opened.
o The key plate is inserted in the ignition key cylinder.
o 4 recognition codes are registered at once.

Here are the instructions for the 2003 Toyota Corolla Model.
1. Start with the key out of the ignition. Open the driver door (all other doors are closed). Driver door is unlocked (other doors don’t matter).

2. Perform these steps within 5 seconds
a. Insert the key into the ignition (don’t turn it) Pull key out
b. Insert the key into the ignition (don’t turn it) Pull key out

3. Perform these steps within 40 seconds
a. Close, then open the drivers door.
b. Close, then open the drivers door.
c. Insert the key into the ignition (don’t turn it) and pull it out.

4. Perform these steps within 40 seconds
c. Insert the key into the ignition and leave in the ignition.
d. Close the drivers door
Turn the ignition to ON (as far as you can go without cranking the engine), then back to off .
e. Remove the key from the ignition.

5. Within 3 seconds, the power door locks should lock then unlock automatically indicating successful entry into programming mode. Return to step 1 if the locks do not cycle at this point.

6. Perform these steps within 40 seconds
a. Press the lock and unlock buttons on the transmitter simultaneously for 1.5 seconds
b. Immediately after letting go of the lock and unlock buttons, press the lock button by itself and hold for 2 seconds. Within 3 seconds, the door locks should lock then unlock once indicating successful programming. If the door locks cycle twice, repeat steps 6a and 6b as the remote was not accepted.
7. Open drivers door

·
Bio-process Student
82 Posts
ok i have power locks but manual windows could i get a keyless remote? EDIT Read thread again.. If it works i want to add it.....Keep me posted......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Keyless Entry Programming
1. REGISTRATION OF RECOGNITION CODE HINT:

o The add mode is used to retain the already registered codes while registering a new recognition code. This mode is used when adding a transmitter. If the number of the registered codes exceeds 4, the previously registered code will be correspondingly erased in order, starting from the first registered code.
o The rewrite mode is used to erase all the previously registered codes and register only new recognition codes. This mode is used when exchanging the transmitter or the door control receiver for new one.
o The prohibition mode is used to erase all the registered codes and cancel the wireless door lock function. Use this mode when the transmitter is lost.
o The confirmation mode is to confirm how many recognition codes have already been registered before an additional registration of a recognition code.
o All the following registration procedures must be performed in order continuously.

1. The vehicle should be in the following conditions.

1. No key is in the ignition key cylinder.
2. Driver's door is opened (the other doors are closed).
3. Driver's door is unlocked.

2. Perform the following operations to select the desired mode.

1. Insert and remove the key from the ignition switch twice within 5 seconds .
2. After the above operations, close and open the driver door twice within 40 seconds . Then insert the key into the ignition key cylinder and remove it.
3. After the above operations, close and open the driver door twice within 40 seconds . Then insert the key into the ignition key cylinder and close the door.
4. Turn the ignition switch from LOCK to ON and back to LOCK at approximately 1 second intervals 1 to 5 times to select a mode (see the table). Then remove the key from the ignition key cylinder. NOTE: If the number of the ON-LOCK operations of the ignition switch is 0, 4 or 6 or more, there will be no response (power door lock and unlock operation) to inform which mode has been selected.
5. After selecting a mode, the integration relay automatically performs the power door LOCK-UNLOCK operation within 3 seconds to inform the selected mode (see the table).

HINT:

* In confirmation mode, the LOCK-UNLOCK operation will occur once for each recognition code that has been registered. For example, if 2 recognition codes have been registered, the LOCK-UNLOCK operation will occur 2 times.
* In confirmation mode, if no recognition codes have been registered, the LOCK-UNLOCK operation will occur 5 times.
* In confirmation mode and prohibition mode, once a LOCK-UNLOCK operation response has occurred, the registration procedure will end.

3. Register the new recognition codes (Add mode or Rewrite mode):

1. Within 40 seconds after the add mode or the rewrite mode has been selected, press the LOCK and UNLOCK switches on the transmitter simultaneously for 1.0 to 1.5 seconds .Within 3 seconds after the previous operation, press either one of the switches for more than 1.0 seconds .
2. Within 3 seconds after the transmitter switch has been turned OFF, the LOCK-UNLOCK operation will be automatically performed once if the registration of the recognition code of the transmitter is completed correctly. In case the LOCK-UNLOCK operation is performed twice, the registration of recognition code has failed. Perform the registration procedure from the beginning once again.
3. If multiple transmitters need to be registered, repeat step (1) within 40 seconds after the previous registration. HINT:

o 4 recognition codes can be registered at once.
o If even one of the following conditions is satisfied, the registration mode will finish.
o 40 seconds have elapsed since the most recent transmitter registration.
o Any of the doors is opened.
o The key plate is inserted in the ignition key cylinder.
o 4 recognition codes are registered at once.

Here are the instructions for the 2003 Toyota Corolla Model.
1. Start with the key out of the ignition. Open the driver door (all other doors are closed). Driver door is unlocked (other doors don’t matter).

2. Perform these steps within 5 seconds
a. Insert the key into the ignition (don’t turn it) Pull key out
b. Insert the key into the ignition (don’t turn it) Pull key out

3. Perform these steps within 40 seconds
c. Insert the key into the ignition (don’t turn it) and pull it out.

4. Perform these steps within 40 seconds
c. Insert the key into the ignition and leave in the ignition.
d. Close the drivers door
Turn the ignition to ON (as far as you can go without cranking the engine), then back to off .
e. Remove the key from the ignition.

5. Within 3 seconds, the power door locks should lock then unlock automatically indicating successful entry into programming mode. Return to step 1 if the locks do not cycle at this point.

6. Perform these steps within 40 seconds
a. Press the lock and unlock buttons on the transmitter simultaneously for 1.5 seconds
b. Immediately after letting go of the lock and unlock buttons, press the lock button by itself and hold for 2 seconds. Within 3 seconds, the door locks should lock then unlock once indicating successful programming. If the door locks cycle twice, repeat steps 6a and 6b as the remote was not accepted.
7. Open drivers door
Some clarifications please:

There is a mention above of "see the table". What table?

Recognition codes? Registered codes?

If one has power door locks that automatically lock after shifting from P to D, what other questions must be answered to verify that keyless enty will work?

And does anyone here know of a case where keyless did NOT work, given factory installed power door locks?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am interested in this also. I've checked ebay for remotes and apparently they have different codes. Also one seller mentioned that the remote wouldn't work on cars without a factory alarm installed. CE models were given as the example.

My car does lock when put into gear, but it is a CE model, will i need to buy something besides a remote? If all that is needed is a remote how do you know which one to get?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Oh no! no more information? Did anyone succeed in programming a remote key?
I did it. I bought my Xrs and it only came with 1 key no keyless entry. I found on here a tutorial on programming a remote. It was hard to understand for me and the diagram made it much harder to understand.

This is how its done, it took me less than 2 minutes after I figured it out.

start with driver door open and key in hand with keyless entry remote very close by.

1. put the key in the ignition then take it out, put it back in then take it back out.
2. (key in hand) close the door, open the door, close the door, open the door.
3. put then key in the ignition, take it out of the ignition.
4 close the door, open the door, close the door, open the door.
5. put the key in the ignition and close the door.
6. turn the key to on (do not start the car) turn the key to off (do not remove the key.) turn the key to on, turn the key to off (again do not start the car do not remove the key from ignition)
7. doors should unlock and lock by itself. if it locks unlocks, locks unlocks, locks you did something wrong.
8. hold both lock and unlock on the remote simultaneously for 3 seconds, let go then hold lock for 3 seconds.
9 doors unlock and lock on their own again. remove key now the remote should work.

edit: Do all steps quickly, you have a certain amount of time between certain steps so do them all swiftly and don't worry about how many seconds it took.

·
Registered
1 Posts
does anybody managed to program a remote on a 05 CE with power door locks but manual windows? my car is manual and doesnt lock when put into gear. altough when i was looking for a remote i tried the sequence shown above and ive been able to get into program mode cause after the sequence the car locked and unlocked the doors. the remote i had was a autostart brand remote.

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
Also check youtube. I saw a video of entering the program mode.

·
Super Moderator
14,566 Posts
You cannot add keyless entry to a CE. No CE models are equipped from the factory with the correct integration relay, wireless door lock receiver, or the wiring in between.

It is a lot more work to make a CE have keyless entry and nobody has done the swap yet.

·
Registered
82 Posts
You cannot add keyless entry to a CE. No CE models are equipped from the factory with the correct integration relay, wireless door lock receiver, or the wiring in between.

It is a lot more work to make a CE have keyless entry and nobody has done the swap yet.
My 2004 CE was purchased by my late mother-in-law who had the dealer install cruise control and an after market keyless entry.

The after market cruise control works OK but the keyless entry is kind of strange, it is called Your Valet: As a keyless remote it is pretty lame and I can find no documentation on it. My nephew owned the car for a few years and told me he had to turn the lights on after starting the car to keep the lights from flashing an alarm. I discovered that one of the two remotes does actually work, but it is too awkward to carry with my keys. I found that if it is left in the car I don't have to turn the lights on or worry about an alarm. The DRL work normal as do the remote sensing headlights. I do have three questions.

1. I'd prefer to just remove the Your Valet receiver and relay, do you know where they might have placed the receiver and relay?

2. Right now the doors automatically lock when the car is put into gear and unlock when the car is turned off. Is that a normal function of the electric locks or is that the keyless receiver doing that?

3. If it is a normal function of the electric locks can I program them to not do that using one of the methods posted here?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,566 Posts
My 2004 CE was purchased by my late mother-in-law who had the dealer install cruise control and an after market keyless entry.

The after market cruise control works OK but the keyless entry is kind of strange, it is called Your Valet: As a keyless remote it is pretty lame and I can find no documentation on it. My nephew owned the car for a few years and told me he had to turn the lights on after starting the car to keep the lights from flashing an alarm. I discovered that one of the two remotes does actually work, but it is too awkward to carry with my keys. I found that if it is left in the car I don't have to turn the lights on or worry about an alarm. The DRL work normal as do the remote sensing headlights. I do have three questions.

1. I'd prefer to just remove the Your Valet receiver and relay, do you know where they might have placed the receiver and relay?

2. Right now the doors automatically lock when the car is put into gear and unlock when the car is turned off. Is that a normal function of the electric locks or is that the keyless receiver doing that?

3. If it is a normal function of the electric locks can I program them to not do that using one of the methods posted here?

Thanks in advance!
Just for reference I was referring to factory keyless entry. Aftermarket systems are a completely different story.

1. Usually aftermarket units are placed under the dash near the steering column or near the driver side kick panel.

2. Aftermarket systems vary. It's possible yours is designed to do that.

3. The posted instructions are for factory keyless. As previously stated, you cannot have factory keyless in a CE therefore the likelihood of it working for your aftermarket system are slim. If by chance it does work, it would be pure coincidence.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I want to know if my corolla has power windows and power lock capability, it is a base model, it has power mirror, manual windows, and manual door lock, I want to install an after market power door system and power lock.
What is your advise?

Thanks,

·
Registered
325 Posts

My canadian ce has all that :grin:

ive also seen ce's with the "Special edition" badge on special edition wheels, with spoilers, with sunroofs.

·
Super Moderator
14,566 Posts
My canadian ce has all that :grin:

ive also seen ce's with the "Special edition" badge on special edition wheels, with spoilers, with sunroofs.
Interesting. In the Toyota brochure for US models, it's not optional on any. Maybe Canada just likes better equipment on their CE.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Interesting. In the Toyota brochure for US models, it's not optional on any. Maybe Canada just likes better equipment on their CE.
Hardtopte72, thanks for your depressing and brutal clarification. I will now attempt to return the two remotes I bought on eBay with my head held in shame.

ROTTEN 2008 CAR WITH NO KEYLESS ENTRY! BLURGH!

(just kidding, I love my Toyota more and more every day)

·
Registered
5 Posts

As of yesterday, I have done the swap you mentioned on a Toyota Matrix, and it works perfectly ( thanks to hardtopte72 for the information ) !

Here are the details ( separate thread as not to hijack yours ) :

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/132-corolla-9th-gen-1st-gen-matrix-2003-2008/1515394-story-adding-keyless-entry-2006-matrix-base-model-factory-power-locks.html#post12721394

1 - 20 of 23 Posts