Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had a cheap chinese parking sensor kit for a while. Anyone done on of these before? It has the JBL 10 speaker ETune system in it, was wondering if there is an add on to that unit for parking sensors. Any help?

·
Registered
2013 Camry XLE
2,025 Posts
Only the obvious, learn how to park. Learn to do things for yourself and not need to rely on technology as a crutc.

Reactions: steve108

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well good, you can teach my 65 year old wife to do just that, then. She had gotten used to parking sensors in her 08 Sienna, and misses them in our 17 Camry.

·
Registered
2017 Camry SE
126 Posts
It takes time and practice, but I’ve never had to rely on sensors to park and know if I’m too close to something. If I’m unsure, just put the car in park and step outside to see.

·
8,174 Posts
Is your kit wired or wireless? If it's wired, nothing you can do about it, you need receiver for it.
If it's wireless, it should come with an app for it, to use on a phone. An app is an app, right? Hypothetically speaking it may be added to your head unit. Or, stick to the phone.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's wired. Just thought someone had done this and could tell me the easiest way to route the wires to the front and rear. And no the side mirrors don't retract unless we've disabled that option.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts