Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone added any aftermarket switches to your dash? I'm looking for a oem looking switch that I can add to one of the blank spots on the dash to the left of my steering wheel where my traction control is. I found on ebay they have the usb plug in blanks but I would like one for a led light bar I plan on adding to the front bumper. I'm trying to keep the interior as oem as possible.

Here's the USB style:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-TOYOTA-SCION-USB-CHARGE-AUDIO-PORT-INTERFACE-DASHBOARD-BLANK-SWITCH-HOLE-LID-/141496180601?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20f1d45f79&vxp=mtr

And here is the kind of switch I'm wanting to add. I doubt their the same size though..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rocker-Switch-Led-Light-Bar-Symbol-Green-LED-/191427511890?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c91f80652&vxp=mtr

Further reading of the listing to this switch says it fits most modern switch holes.. I guess theres only one way to find out..

Anybody have any input?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll look into the yaris fog light. I'm at work until tomorrow morning and it will be a while until I can get my mic out and measure the hole in my dash.

I actually like the yaris fog light switch idea alot better. I found a 5 pin switch for a camry for the fog lights. I'm assuming it will fit. I'm just waiting to find out if it comes with any diagrams or instructions as to which wire goes to which pin.

I'm pretty good with following diagrams and what not. But if it comes down to me looking at a schematic to figure it out I may just burn my car to the ground.

I've hooked the light bar up on a 3 prong lighted switch before. But I have no idea how a 5 pring switch would hook up... Any of you guys have any ideas?

I'm working on the light bar idea guys. Just trying to find out how I'm going to mount the switch first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.