Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Camry SE
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have 2019 Camry SE. I notice some aftermarket kits to add the ice blue ambient lights to the door handles, floor wells and passenger side dash. Has anyone installed these? Are they plug and play? Are they really bright? Can they be controlled with the factory dimmer to reduce its brightness?

I read somewhere that on the XSE once you turn the headlights on or you put the car on "drive" these interior lights dim. Is this true? Will this happen on the SE model as well?

Where did you get your light kit from? Do the color match the factory dash ice blue? Thanks.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yes, they're plug and play. I put the passenger side dash light on my LE and had to remove the glove box light and attach it to the piece to give it power though so keep that in mind. Not like I ever use the glove box except when I need to get registration and whatnot out of it which is hardly ever. And I wouldn't say "really bright" but they're bright enough to satisfy anyone whose looking at adding ambient lighting. They're bright enough to bring life into the cabin but not bright enough to use as a visual aid. Can't help you with the factory dimmer part as I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to. Do you mean the dimmer that controls the instrument cluster? If so, not from what I'm aware of. They only come on when you turn the headlights on since there's really no point in having lights on during the day. And yes, they match the factory ice blue. Except for these bowl lights. They seem to be a more "blue" than ice blue when I attempted to install them. Also, I'd recommend skipping that type of bowl lights. There's another type that clip onto your door and I'd recommend those instead. The ones I linked you have to pretty much break the door panel a bit which I regret doing on mine. Not worth it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts