Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1984 Toyota hilux 4X4....and I have a lot of slack in the steering.....I was looking on the gear box and I didn't see any way of taking out the slack....there is a nut on top of the gear box when your looking down.....but to me it looks as if its just some kind of vent.....I would of thought that it would of been a lock nut with a screw in the middle....but its a vent right now.....so I wanted to see if this piece was broke off prior to me buying it or is this the way that it comes.........and if so is there anyway to take the slack out of the steering.....Thanks

·
Banned
2,353 Posts
im not sure on that push pull box but i know the late modle manual steering boxs have an adjustment. if you have slack in your steering are you sure its in the box? that push pull setup is kind of rinky dink anyways. i upgraded to an ifs steering box and a high steer kit. if its in the box check the factory service manual.

·
Banned
2,353 Posts
independant front suspension, search it in google. its what 86-95 4x4's have as well as most other trucks ,with exception of a ford super duty and a few others, come with.

if you go do a search on toyota crossover steer you may find a few pages with all the info you need. i seriously reccomend you read more and look more, you will find everything you want to know as long as you look in the right place and word your searches right. look up in the faq up top....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts