Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Iron Chef IV
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start by saying that I have a 04 LE 4cly w/ 101K miles. I decided to do a brake job and change the spark plugs before our road trip. The plugs looked fine, but what suprised me was the brake pads. After 101k miles, the difference in thickness between the new OEM pads and what I had on the car was less than 1/64 of an inch.

We left College Station Texas (above houston) and headed west for California. 31 hours later of straight driving we hit Riverside, drop my roommate off and head home to Santa Barbara. Spend an hour there and drive up to San Fransico. In the end I covered over 2000 miles in 32 Hours. After that we went to Sacarmento and to Steamboat Springs, CO. So in one week, I personally drove over 70 hours in my Camry. In that time I discovered that the Top speed is 120MPH. At speeds between 80 and 120, I get around 38MPG. I can say that you can get up to 120 pretty fast if you plant the gas pedal and let it run up until it hits 120. We it a Cayote and now there is blood everywhere and the car smells. Other than that, at 101K miles, there are no rattles or squeaks even at 120 over rough roads. Road and wind noises are so low that you find yourself doing 90+ very easily on empty roads.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts