Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need a bit of help here. Got the wifes old KE20 coupe looking fine, but the springs are hopeless.
This thing is being done on a budget as a cheap second car for us, and I'd like some advice from far more knowledgable people than me about what bits from later model Corolla's will fit so I can start trawling the wrecking yards locally.... :p:
Things such as leaf springs at the rear, and front coils...especially the rear leaf springs...the originals are hopeless...I was thinking maybe a late-seveties wagon if they'd fit.

Any ideas?

Actually, I'm also interested in this "2TG" (I think) motor everyone tells me we should stick in it...what are the details of that engine and what model Toyota would I find it in?

·
Registered
1988 AE80 Corolla
44 Posts
Ummm some advice for the KE20 suspension? First answer: DITCH IT!!!! Second (more thought out answer): would be to talk to a mechanic/engineer (just wander in and ask to talk to them about what you want to do i.e improve it! if they dont tell to you f**k off etc, you're on your way! ;P) Try maybe a transplant from a later year rolla? Like maybe mid-late 80's? Get the brakes while you can, and instead of the 2TG motor, here in OZ, investigate a 4AGE conversion, front cuts are loike 1600 bucks and available in QLD. I will have to get mine shipped down here to Vic for my KE70 XX sedan..... Let me know how you go buddy...email @ [email protected] if ya need......

Cheers
DRaKeN

1 - 2 of 2 Posts