Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have sold m 93 Yota pickup and have a chance to buy an 03 Tacoma pre runner, great condition for 5k.
I t has a lot of miles, 170k 1 owner , but it is in real good condition.. transmission shifts good good brakes does shake the steering wheel, rotor needs turned... oil looks good..

The only things I think it needs is the rotors turned, maybe change the tranny fluid and filter..that's it

no rust, only driven in Ga. this will be used as a pickup and a 3rd vehicle, so the mileage does not worry me that much.. What do you guys think?

·
This Space For Rent
14,150 Posts
Not bad. If it's a V6 the timing belt should have been changed out at 90K and it looks like it's due for another one. Have you checked out the frame? There's a rust recall campaign out right now from Toyota.

·
30YRTOYOTAPARTSEXPERINCE
04 Camry; 09 Sienna
1,237 Posts
If you PM me the VIN I can run it through our system to see if the rust recall applies to your vehicle or if has been done yet. But other than that, for what you want it for, not bad.

·
Registered
905 Posts
really the only things to check are the wearable parts. my truck is at 170+ and it's getting new ball joints, outter and inner TRE's, a new rack, new springs for my aftermarket CO's new lower control arms and cam bolts. I already re did the rear suspension. Still rides good, you can just tell it's a bit tired.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE!! The Tacoma as sharp as it was FAILED emissions- The guy who sold it lives where there is no emissions so it never had to go through the testing..Luckily I called the guy and he gave me my money back..So I am still looking..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts