Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been in the market for a reliable, affordable fuel efficient car. I recently stumbled across an ad for a 2007 yaris 3 door with 72k and a manual transmission for 5900. Does this sound like a good deal? What is the consensus on the 07 yaris? Is the difference in mpg between a manual and auto a big deal? This will be a car strictly for driving around for work in new York city traffic. Thanks guys.

·
Newbie One Kanobi
8,672 Posts
Ive been in the market for a reliable, affordable fuel efficient car. I recently stumbled across an ad for a 2007 yaris 3 door with 72k and a manual transmission for 5900. Does this sound like a good deal? What is the consensus on the 07 yaris? Is the difference in mpg between a manual and auto a big deal? This will be a car strictly for driving around for work in new York city traffic. Thanks guys.

Maybe look on KBB to see the real market value. I think that's kinda steep but 72k I guess isn't too high for the age of the car.

The yaris uses proven technology that Toyota just carried over. Along with the ECHO the Yaris is one of the most reliable cars on the market. But a big part of that is its a basic car. As far as mpg manual vs auto the descrepency isn't that much. Especially now a days autos have advanced quit a bit. The only reason to get a manual is because you like to row you're own gears. I don't have one but I would like a manual. I think cars with low hp a manual would be advantage because you can get more out of the engine as opposed to an auto. So I'd say that's the only down side. But if you're in NY city I'd go with auto considering the traffic. Where's I live in the mid-west with open roads and highways.

Go auto in your case but obviously its totally up to you! Its a perfect beater car. :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts