Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a 2011 Rav4 Base FWD. I've heard that usually the best time to buy a car is in Dec. and Jan. On the other hand, Rav4 is a in pretty hot demand and sells fast, which means that dealers are less likely to negotiate to the price that you want.

Now's close to the end of October, and I'm in contact with some dealers in my area. My question is: given the two factors above, would the price for a new Rav4 change much between now and Dec./Jan., or would I be better off buying it if there's good deal the dealer offers now? I'm wondering, even for a hot car like Rav4, would there be some promotional offers and other incentives come Dec./Jan. so that I should wait until then to buy?

Thanks for your advice and recommendations.

·
Toyota/Scion Salesperson
279 Posts
Us salesmen need to sell cars all the time..not just during certain months, or certain times of the month. Our bills are due all the time just like everyone elses. It is always a good time to buy a car. I hate that there is that notion that the best time is the end of the month...its only like that because of the years of people being told by edmunds and kbb to make a deal at the end....because we didnt make shit all month long..w're desperate by the months end. Believe me you walk in today or walk in in 8 more days you are gonna get a great deal.

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts