Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Insitu Taco
06 Taco D-Cab Sport
463 Posts
I'd recommed you take the new coils (if you got the OME) to a suspension shop and have them compress the new coils. It cost me 60 bucks and I didn't kill myself (or TucsonTRD)...

Just make sure you have enough time to get it done... I think it took us around 8 hours for the complete install.

Good Luck!

·
Powder Seeker
2007 Tacoma Double
275 Posts
I have rented a spring compressor tool from my local Candian Tire for free when I did a lift on my last truck. Quick and easy.

·
Premium Member
02 DubCab 4x4
3,009 Posts
anyone here have an air compressor to help with the lift. I have a 2hp 150psi 26gallon compressor, impact wrench and air wrench.... hopefully it'll cut down my lift install time this saturday when pointer and jredneck help install the kit.

·
Registered
617 Posts
First off what kit did you get? Spacer, Springs, AAl, diff drop, wedge blocks, center support drop?

·
Registered
06 TRD Tacoma Sport
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
integlikewhoa said:
First off what kit did you get? Spacer, Springs, AAl, diff drop, wedge blocks, center support drop?
well i screwed up., i got just the basic kit. spacers and add a leaf in the back. i heard that diff drop doesnt really make a diff so i didnt bother with that. I have everything as far as install wise. My dad has a shop and i just gotta drive the 2 hours to get there back home.

·
Ron Jeremy's twin brother
06 Tacoma-SOLD
1,461 Posts
Coastgardsman said:
Finally got the lift in. Just wanted to get any last advice before i put this 3" toytec lift. Any common problems or issues with it? Thanks
Same here. I'm starting this afternoon with the front suspension. I'll get everything pulled out, and then I'm heading to the shop across the street first thing in the morning to have them compress the coils and mount my new shocks (N140S) into the top plate, then back home to reinstall.:thumbup:

·
Love this Tacoma!
Toyota Tacoma
623 Posts
So what's been the install time for most of you on this lift? 2 buddies of mine just did a 6" Procomp on a FS Chevy and took about 8-10 hrs, but there's a lot more work involved than with the Toytec kit I imagine.

·
Registered
06 TRD Tacoma Sport
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
screeber said:
Same here. I'm starting this afternoon with the front suspension. I'll get everything pulled out, and then I'm heading to the shop across the street first thing in the morning to have them compress the coils and mount my new shocks (N140S) into the top plate, then back home to reinstall.:thumbup:
cool deal, good luck on that. Im gonig to try and get some pics posted up with everything . Not sure how long and how many beers its going to take me but should work out well

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
No need for the diff drop. It doesn't help the CV angles much, IMO. Plus it will increase your chances of getting driveline vibration. Some get the vibrations, some don't.

·
Premium Member
02 DubCab 4x4
3,009 Posts
JRedneck and Myself are lifting our this weekend with Pointer's help... If you see a Indigo Tacoma blazing up I-75 Saturday morning on way to Gainesville, Florida with a Red Air Compressor strapped in the bed, that'd be me.

·
Registered
'06 Prerunner TRD
1,093 Posts
Took me a total of about 5 hours of work... but about 12 hours total waiting for coils to be done at shop and making part/tool runs...

·
Official Newb
2006 4x4 Tacoma TRD
1,210 Posts
install time will depend on any breaks you take, if you have to wait for a shop to swap coils, etc. it could take as little as 4 or 5 hours, or as long as you can imagine. the front is easy, and the back isn't really that difficult, just a little slower

·
Registered
06 Tacoma DC 4x4 LB
128 Posts
Took me and a buddy a little over 2 hours to do my lift.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts