Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just out of cerious... can and ae 101 or 111 be put into an ae92 sr5 ? it should be able to right i mean its Still an "AE" corolla right ?

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
I assume you are talking about the 20v 4A-GE's? Yes they will fit, with modifications.

·
Registered
AE92 Corolla GTS
75 Posts
I recently installed an AE101 in my '92 GTS with no problems. Matching the engine harness to the chassis harness can be cumbersome if you haven't done a project like this before, though.

I removed the old engine and harness, modified the AE101 harness to match the chassis harness and also the AE111 ECU (wrong ECU was shipped to me), and installed and tested the whole works in 4 days.

If you need any help or info just drop me a message!

MississaugaGTS

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
You must have done a Dirty swap, ie. just the engine, gearbox and ECU. Took me 2 weeks from front-clip to car. That was changing Everything from the Engine to the Front Dash and from the Suspension to the steering assembly. That was so the entire front end has only done 60,000km, rather than some parts having 250ish and others having 60.

·
Registered
AE92 Corolla GTS
75 Posts
I did engine, tranny, ecu, suspension links, new rad, wiring to the AE92 fusible links, rewiring the charging circuit, adapting the new harness to the chassis.

All of my gauges work except for the temp gauge (for some reason it rails as soon as the engine starts to get warm). Of course the oil pressure sensor had to be swapped from the old engine to function properly. I even have the A/C working (electrically).

I didn't do suspension because I already have APEXi Lowering springs and KYB struts on all four corners.

Four days out and in is correct, but there was alot of research and planning before I tackled this job. Also I spent about 14 hours each day working in the garage.

It probably could have been done a little quicker if I had a second set of hands!!!

I'll try to post some pictures of the engine so far....as it will always be a work in progress(and a daily driver).

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so it just drops right in there perfectely... except the harnesses... and computer ?
no chassis modifications ?

·
Registered
50 Posts
All of my gauges work except for the temp gauge (for some reason it rails as soon as the engine starts to get warm). Of course the oil pressure sensor had to be swapped from the old engine to function properly. I even have the A/C working (electrically).
If by "rails" you mean it shoots up to the end of the gauge make sure you have the brown ground wire connected. My temperature gauge would shoot up to the red zone almost immediately, we found out we were missing the ground connection.

Hope it helps,

·
Registered
AE92 Corolla GTS
75 Posts
Snidley7

I'll check that wire that wire ASAP! Thanks for the info.

Ae86 Azn

No mechanical modifications required! Although you will need to used the drivers side tranny mount from the old engine as I found the newer mount to be slighty different.

Also, you will have to modify the down pipe to match the 20V header. I took mine to Master Performance Exhaust in Brampton. They did an excellent job on a custom down pipe in stainless.

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
^^ there is a way around that... get the sub-frame from the car that the 20v came out of, and the mounts sit in exactly the right spot... Thats what we did with ours. But then, that was AE101 to AE101.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts