Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1985 AE86 GTS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where a how-to is located for the digital gauge cluster swap for the AE86? I'm tired of looking at my digital cluster sitting in my trunk. I want to install it now!

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
No need to be rude dude, you're not paying us to be your tech support. :slap:

·
Registered
1985 AE86 GTS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
REN69 said:
No need to be rude dude, you're not paying us to be your tech support. :slap:
Who's being rude? Tech support is what forums are for douche. If you have no intellect on the issue then just don't respond.
NO IT IS NOT PLUG N PLAY OR I WOULD ALREADY HAVE IT INSTALLED.

·
Registered
89' AE92 GTS Coupe
58 Posts
ae86performance said:
Who's being rude? Tech support is what forums are for douche. If you have no intellect on the issue then just don't respond.
NO IT IS NOT PLUG N PLAY OR I WOULD ALREADY HAVE IT INSTALLED.
no need for the attitude...:eek:::sheesh:

·
Vroom?
2003 Audi A4
4,408 Posts
yeah dude calm down. You would be surprised with the stupid things people do on these forums. Some people ask something like this before they attempted it. I know sr5 to gts gauges are plug and play for sure with the ae92's, not totally sure with the 86 since I've never done it. So I thought maybe with the digital (y). If it's not, you might need an ecu?

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3
7,128 Posts
i saw nothing rude about his original post, it was a legitimate question...

·
since 1996
05 Impreza RS 2.5
1,772 Posts
I'd have a look i my official shop manual but I have it in another city right now. Though I'm not even sure if they have anything on the digital gauges because the shop manuals are limited to the 85 model, and I think it was only for the North American version...

The only place I think you could get help on that is Club 4AG but their forums have been down since December...

You could always import a shop manual from Japan or Europe maybe... but then there is the language barrier.

·
Registered
2001 Toyota Prius
371 Posts
If I don't remember wrong you need to get a digital fuel sender unit to make it work nicely (you can get one of those from a digital gauge cluster gauge equipped second gen cressida). maybe you can ask the guy on the link below how to install since it seems like he did install one on his ae86.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t53956.html

·
Registered
1985 AE86 GTS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've found the parts necessary to do the swap but I need to know the pin outs. Anyone got any clues? This is really frustrating.:sosad:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts