Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
90 cressida
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about buying a set of lowering springs for my 82 corolla and I know everyone says that AE86 suspension parts fit but I'm just double checking that these would work. Heres the link to the ones I want if anyones bought these already and got them to work than give me the thumbs up. If not Ill just buy megan springs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/84-86-TOYOT...Parts_Accessories&hash=item35c4fec03a&vxp=mtr

·
TIEyota fighter ace
AE101, TE72
1,921 Posts
I actually just PMed hardtope72 about this yesterday specifically regarding the 82 tophat...it's a small world! His reply was:

hardtopte72 said:
Yes the 1982 TE72 has the same top hat pattern as a TE72.

There has been debate on whether the springs fit the top hats as the AE86 springs are progressive rate while the TE/AE are linear rate.

Almost all good info I have read was that yes the springs from an AE86 will work with your strut tubes and top hats.
Those springs look like a reasonably close copy of the Megans. Softer initially, looking at the coil spacing...for sure let us know how it goes, if they work I'll be following your example in a few weeks here. =)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.