Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well About a week back I was following my uncle somwhere when he just turned to a turn for no reason well I though he had trouble so I turned too, But Having the pop up lights it did not allow me to see the sand covered road. good thing i was only going 40mph. so my ae92 hit the curb and next thing i know theres a bent control arm a broken axle and a messed up spindle. I was still crazy/stupid enough to drive it home running on one wheel i had to turn my steering wheel 180 degrees just to go stright. I also found out that the wheel well was rusted too. I wanted to build up the car as a keeper but know it will cost way to must to fix the rust area's. I guess im looking for a new car. I was thinking of a FC3s, sw20, st204, or ae86. but my thoughts after considering all that was a ae86. why cause corollas are great car. I just am looking for a mint condition one. planning on going with a blacktop. BUt youguys think an ae86 is the way to go. I mean i only bought my ae92 because i thought my dad would not like me driving a RWD car. But seem he doesn't care. I am fixing my ae92 too. But you think a ae86 is a good choice or should I get another ae92 mybe an fx-16?

·
since 1996
05 Impreza RS 2.5
1,772 Posts
It's all up to you bud. If you have your heart set on a rwd car then go for it but I'll warn you it's gonna burn a big hole in your wallet. If you have a decent paying steady job then it should not be that big of a concern.

One thing I don't get is why would the pop up head lights not let you see sand? Are your headlights aimed properly?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
see my lights are pionted a bit high on my car. besides i was paying ateention to the turn i guess I just didn't look out for sand knowing they didn't sweep the streets yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts