Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Sexy Run
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
in my ae86 the water pumps weep hole looses a massive amount of coolant everyday, how am I supposed to fix it?

Oh and when you replace a head gasket do you have to run the car for how many miles and I installed a .8 mm trd metal headgasket, but I didnt sand down the block, will anything happen?

thanks

(I have more questions but its 1:30 AM right now and I am really tired...):heart:

·
operation boro thunder
1,722 Posts
AE92_GTS88 said:
in my ae86 the water pumps weep hole looses a massive amount of coolant everyday, how am I supposed to fix it?

Oh and when you replace a head gasket do you have to run the car for how many miles and I installed a .8 mm trd metal headgasket, but I didnt sand down the block, will anything happen?

thanks

(I have more questions but its 1:30 AM right now and I am really tired...):heart:

When the weeping hole weeps, your wallet weeps because you get to buy a new waterpump. The hole is an indicator for when your waterpump seal/bearing goes bad.

Metal headgasket requires slightly different procedures than regular OEM replacement HGs. Before installing the metal HG you should make sure the mating surface of the block/head is PERFECTLY flat. Sanding by hand is not consistent enough, you usually bring this to a machine shop.

Not so sure what you mean by X number of miles.....unless you mean retorquing the head bolts/studs again, after starting up the engine.

G

·
the water pump needs to be replaced. if you havent checked the torque on the head studs yet you should do it. usually you drive a few miles (test drive let it warm up) then come back and check torque and re-torque as necessary

·
Sexy Run
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ohhh...

I meant if I had to drive it a certain amount of miles to break it in, you know like a clutch has a 500 mile break in period?

Me and my brother changed it about a year ago, and its been pretty much sitting in my backyard since. Is that bad?

Plus the water pump we bought was brand new (f you KRAGEN!) but it also came with a lifetime warranty (Thank you KRAGEN!) so i'll be changing that tommorow.

Oh nad my other questions are that how to chage the ae92 gts thermostat, it was much more simple on the 4age lateral rather than the horizontal.

Hmm i'll have to think more later.

G

·
theres no real break in period just make sure after the initial start up or somewhere there after you checked the torque to make sure it was in the proper setting. by the way FYI, if you properly install the clutch and everything is torqued correctly there is no need for a break in period on a clutch, that 500 mile period is just a saftey rumor.

G

·
in dual cams not so much because the cams are in the way, but for people with just one cam. I mean its better to do it right the first time, but its always nice to just make sure. its not that hard to remove the cams either. just slip the t-belt off and have some fun :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts