Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'lo all!

I've been trying to find common parts between the AE92 4-door, and the AE92 2-door. (Simple reason being that the 4-door is not exactly "embraced" by the aftermarket..)

So, I'm looking mostly for mechanical bits (engine wise) as my suspension is already up to snuff, and my exhaust is tops too.

Any points in the right direction would be tops... (or re-directs to another thread if this is a repost... )

Thanks much guys (and girls!)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I was going to go through the trouble, I'd seek out the 4AGZE and go balls out... but, the FE is still a good motor.. Just need to liven it up a bit.

(Another reason I wouldn't do it is that Toyotas (let alone my gen Corolla) is not exactly a "popular" car for the uh.. younger enthousiast... so not too mant people have worked on them, let alone modified them to any useful extent..)

·
Registered
193 Posts
You can use universal stuff like adjustable fuel pressure regulators, apexi fuel controllers.
My first mod to my 4afe is going to be a tune-up of the intake ports; I did this on my Lexus motor already and it worked very well. With the intake manifold removed, you can see where the port divides into each valve pocket; that divider is rather blunt, and by using a Dremel you can create a sharper edge, reduce the restriction by good a bit. I used strips of well oiled rags to block off the motor/catch the shavings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts