Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is gonig to sound mental sicne I alreayd have 15" Alloys. but I wanna put my good summer tires onto steelies istnead. My gf's protege should have rims with a 45mm offset and I was wodnering will a rim that is 6" wide with a 45mm offset rub my strut? what about a 6.5" wide rim with a 45mm offset?

My palns to put her summer rubber on ym allyos and my rubber on her steelies.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,669 Posts
Not sure.. but you can just grab both cars and swap a rim from each and see if it works I have 43mm offset on 15x7 rims and it doesn't rub, it still seems like it has enough room in between.

BTW, I'd put my rubber on her steelies too if I had the chance! :naughty: :lol:

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BTW, I gave my mom my car for 500 bucks so I could have down payment money. So I May still be able to take it to TN meets..but now I don't own it. I have this beast. I couldn't let the dela I managed tog et slip by so I had to jump on ti and trade my mom ym car for 500 bucks. So I can't part it out. I am such a traitor. :'(

Heres the new one.

·
2010 RAV4 V6
19,669 Posts
Tell your mom she'll make more money out of it parting it out. :D

BTW.. Proteges = :fruit: :gaydumbo: :lol:

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah but now me and Adele can start a car club.

She has an 01 LX 2.0 that is biege and now I have a black 2001 ES 2.0, We'll be the pimpin'est couple..once we pay off the cars. Lol. Atleast now I know my car can make it to TN meets this year lol.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
REN69 said:
BTW, I'd put my rubber on her steelies too if I had the chance! :naughty: :lol:
Miss Biss says: WHAT?!?!?! lol!! :):naughty:

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
canadianae92 said:
Um well since you guys are talking about offset, would konig rewinds 15" -9 offset fit on my gt-s? also whats the bolt patern on ae92s?
The bolt pattern on your 91 GTS should be 4x100. on my SR5 i had +40 offset. Usually you want around +38 offset for an ae92 I think..-9 I dont think will work.

·
2010 RAV4 V6
19,669 Posts
-9 is a RWD offset and they're most likely 4x114.3 bolt pattern, it won't fit on an AE92 unless you get 4x100 to 4x114.3 adapters and put some flares on your car to make up room for the wheels.. otherwise you'll be hitting the fenders.

For FWD cars stick to 38mm and up offsets. (38-45mm max on AE92s)

·
AllTrac'er
1991 Toyota Corolla
30 Posts
What about 4WD or AWD offsets? in case I wanna play with tire size.....

REN69 said:
-9 is a RWD offset and they're most likely 4x114.3 bolt pattern, it won't fit on an AE92 unless you get 4x100 to 4x114.3 adapters and put some flares on your car to make up room for the wheels.. otherwise you'll be hitting the fenders.

For FWD cars stick to 38mm and up offsets. (38-45mm max on AE92s)

·
2010 RAV4 V6
19,669 Posts
I'm not sure what the All-Trac Corollas came with from factory, but I think its practically the same as the FWD Corollas.

·
Mr. Nice Guy
1991 Corolla GT-S
644 Posts
Well theres konig rewinds for the fwd I thought they'd be the same offset? Why can't fwd have the same offset as rwd? http://www.konigwheels.com/catalog_subcategory.cfm?CategoryID=1&SubcategoryID=25&SubcategoryName=OLD%20SCHOOL there I want the silver ones would those fit? Also is their any nice deep wheels fwd can use? If they arnt 4x100 could I just get an adapter for the other size and put them on, or will their be clearence issues?
and what about 5Zigen +42 offset 4x100 gn+proracer wheels?

·
2010 RAV4 V6
19,669 Posts
Good luck getting those rewinds, they're very hard to find now and I doubt anyone has them in stock. I tried getting them from Wheels Direct in Scarborough.. I was told first there was an 8-month backorder from Konig so it would probably be about 9months before they got any. Then I checked back about 4months later in September and I was told that Konig is not making them anymore. :sosad:

You're not understanding how the offset works. 0 offset would mean that the face of the wheel would be right at the center of the wheel so lets say on a 15x7" rim, the face would be located 3.5inches from the back and 3.5inches from the front of the rim, in other words you're looking at roughly having a nice 3.5inch lip :D . -9 would mean that the face of the wheel is even further back from the center, trying to install this rim on your AE92 would mean that, if you look at your wheels right now.. imagine the lip stretching right out about 3.5inches or more... that's right.. BANG goes the fenders onto the tire. :eek: positive offsets mean you're closer to the front of the tires so the bigger the offset, the less lip you get.

I gave up trying to find Rewinds, and started looking for other types of wheels that would look ok on my car. I was lucky to come across these babies for sale on dorikaze so I basically jumped on them. Black Racing rims, 15x6.5, 40mm offset :thumbup: :eek: just the size I wanted (well 15x7 I wanted, but can't complain I guess) I know they need lots of love so I'm getting them refinished. I'm thinking black with red lip. :smokin:

·
Mr. Nice Guy
1991 Corolla GT-S
644 Posts
Well, I understand the concept of the whole offset thing but i still dont see how -9 will hit the fenders my fenders have so much space their, hmm maybe it would hit the fenders dunno.
I'd be happy with the 5zigen gn proracer tho they're pretty nice wonder how much it costs for 15"s with rubber.

Hey I have a question how do the tire fittings work I mean I see those tall type tires and then those thin ones on 20" rims that are barely missing the fenders on lowriders and I've seen some where it leaves some of the rims lip sticking out almost like it was 195 tire width on a wheel that needs like 205 width? Please explain:) I just don't know, I know this is way off topic but starting a new thread for this is mehhh....

·
Registered
89 gts
147 Posts
canadianae92 said:
Well, I understand the concept of the whole offset thing but i still dont see how -9 will hit the fenders my fenders have so much space their, hmm maybe it would hit the fenders dunno.
I'd be happy with the 5zigen gn proracer tho they're pretty nice wonder how much it costs for 15"s with rubber.

Hey I have a question how do the tire fittings work I mean I see those tall type tires and then those thin ones on 20" rims that are barely missing the fenders on lowriders and I've seen some where it leaves some of the rims lip sticking out almost like it was 195 tire width on a wheel that needs like 205 width? Please explain:) I just don't know, I know this is way off topic but starting a new thread for this is mehhh....
Apparently you dont understand this offset thing your talking about. The only way you can run a -9 offset on a ae92 is to run big fender flares.Plus if you run a PCD changer to run a
-9 offset wheel it will stick out alot more.So basically if try running -9 offset wheels your car will look like a lowrider.
Heres your low offset wheels

·
2010 RAV4 V6
19,669 Posts
Rule of thumb for offset dude.. negative offset will stick out more.. rubbing against the outer fender, positive will stick IN more causing to rub against the strut.

If you notice the purple Levin has probably got the fenders cut and widened with those flares, you wouldn't get away with those rims without doing that. The wheels on the other Levin look like they have 240sx-type offset, about 30 I think so yeah the wheel has a nice lip but he still probably gets a nice fender rub when he bottoms out.

·
Mr. Nice Guy
1991 Corolla GT-S
644 Posts
Yes I get that I know that the more negative offset the deeper the center part where you bolt up is and the more positive offset the farther forward it is. I just Don't think like 14"s with -9 offset will rub the fender I mean theirs lots of room their. Um well actually just now I looked at some pics of my car and I think it might rub probably but its hard to tell, Oh well I like the 5zigen gn+ proracers they look nice. Could you explain how the tire sizes work tho not wheels but tires. Thx.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts