Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a USDM AE92 sedan which I believe uses the 4A-FE engine.

If I advance the ignition timings on an unmodified engine, will there be a discernible increase in power? Will the ECU automatically dump more fuel into the engine and thus allow it to produce more power?
What is a safe number of degrees to advance the timing in this engine and will it require higher octane gas?

·
Registered
238 Posts
it will give a bit more pep in power...but too much of a good thing is bad..the most that ive seen is at most 4 degrees more than base timing of 10. and even that can bee too much if you use piss water gas.

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
If I advance the ignition timings on an unmodified engine, will there be a discernible increase in power? Will the ECU automatically dump more fuel into the engine and thus allow it to produce more power?
It wont give you power, and AFAIk the 4A-FE doesnt have knock sensoring, so you might burn few valves. No it wont dump more gasoline, but you cant advance the timing with low octant (knock knock). The engine wont dump more fuel, because the amount of air is still the same in the engine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts