Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 40 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
AE92 sedan
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
i know its been awhile, but ive been busy this whole month, and the corolla kinda was just being driven around by my brother, it sucks but meh oh wells what can you do, but ive been working on the side skirts for it atm, i got them offa a cordoba i think it was a mitsu not sure, got the skirts for free form a good friend, but im modding it to be put onto the car and for the front lip, wells i didnt want to go this route but i did, i went and made the infamous HomeDepot lip. ill have pics up soon about it.

·
92 Rolla'
1992 Corolla Sedan
40 Posts
Not bad! You pretty much started just like I did, missing A/C vent in the dash, broken window levers, missing 3rd tail light cover lol

I like how it looks lowered, I've been wanting to lower mine for a while now but I just haven't had the money. You should try to get the sways, they make a HUGE difference on these cars...

Anyways check mine out

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=336845

I just started working so I'll definitely be putting some more goodies when I get the chance. Anyways nice rolla, I'll be looking forward to some more!

·
Registered
AE92 sedan
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Not bad! You pretty much started just like I did, missing A/C vent in the dash, broken window levers, missing 3rd tail light cover lol

I like how it looks lowered, I've been wanting to lower mine for a while now but I just haven't had the money. You should try to get the sways, they make a HUGE difference on these cars...

Anyways check mine out

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=336845

I just started working so I'll definitely be putting some more goodies when I get the chance. Anyways nice rolla, I'll be looking forward to some more!
thanks man, yeah ive been replacing alot of interior pieces here and there from time to time, but yeah i want sways i saw 4 ae92 gts in the ecology in fontana, they are all un touched so far, i was there yesterday kicking myself in the nuts for being broke... but its still a work in progress...

·
Registered
AE92 sedan
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
so i went to the junkyard today, for those in the socal area and know where ontario and fontana is, then its your lucky day, i went there and there was at the ecology in fontana has a 88 red gts ae92 unmolested there, and then in the miliken pick-a-part in ontario there is 5 gts ae92 there, 3 bluetop and 2 redtop high comp unmolested as wel, they both came out today, so if you need parts just hit up the junk yards there are alot of ae92 gts atm...

·
Registered
20 Posts
im looking into a header atm, looking at the 93' 4afe headers offa ebay or sumthing, i tihnk it should fit in, bolts in the head and the catalytic converter.... oh wells lets see what happens when i get the money and buy it.
I actually bought the ebay '93 4a-fe headers off Ebay and installed them on my car. They are a drop-fit on the engine and are very good quality, but they will not fit properly onto the stock exhaust and cat flange! Also, the stock two-bolt O2 sensor will NOT fit, so you will have to weld a two-bolt flange adapter on top of the existing bung. I tried adapting a thread-in O2 sensor but could not find one that was compatible with the AE92 ECU. YMMV!

You will need to cut and weld the cat flange to make the two connect. The '93 downpipe and the cat flange are at slightly different angles and are about 2-3" apart when installed.

Otherwise, the headers are the bomb! I don't think they make anymore power, but they weigh about 1/3 as much as the stock part.

·
92 Rolla'
1992 Corolla Sedan
40 Posts
thanks man, yeah ive been replacing alot of interior pieces here and there from time to time, but yeah i want sways i saw 4 ae92 gts in the ecology in fontana, they are all un touched so far, i was there yesterday kicking myself in the nuts for being broke... but its still a work in progress...

Sucks being broke. Just got my first paycheck and I'm seriously thinking about getting some lowering springs but I'm still not sure if I want to start spending some money on my car just yet with school and all.

Did you manage to see if any of them had lowering springs, not so long ago we had a GT-S with B&G's almost brand new in the Ecology up here in Lancaster but I was broke then. The poor thing went to the crusher before I managed to get to it tho... Anyways if you happen to be go there again I'd appreciate it if you can manage to check to see if any of them are lowered.

And if anybody is interested in selling theirs, I'd probably be willing to buy them as long as the drop is from 1 in. to 1.6 in.

·
Registered
AE92 sedan
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I actually bought the ebay '93 4a-fe headers off Ebay and installed them on my car. They are a drop-fit on the engine and are very good quality, but they will not fit properly onto the stock exhaust and cat flange! Also, the stock two-bolt O2 sensor will NOT fit, so you will have to weld a two-bolt flange adapter on top of the existing bung. I tried adapting a thread-in O2 sensor but could not find one that was compatible with the AE92 ECU. YMMV!

You will need to cut and weld the cat flange to make the two connect. The '93 downpipe and the cat flange are at slightly different angles and are about 2-3" apart when installed.

Otherwise, the headers are the bomb! I don't think they make anymore power, but they weigh about 1/3 as much as the stock part.
interesting, wells i tihnk you prolly bought the one for the 1.8? i know that the 93 1.6 has a threaded o2 insert... wells idk, nice to know that you have at lease been one to do research, wells thanks for that, but this is the one i was talking about with the ebay headers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JVT-...832QQitemZ150427039794QQptZRaceQ5fCarQ5fParts

here is a pic of it:

as you can see on this JVT headers that it has the threaded o2 bolt. so this is the one im referring too, but still again good looking on the heads up on the 4afe headers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
interesting, wells i tihnk you prolly bought the one for the 1.8? i know that the 93 1.6 has a threaded o2 insert...
I bought the one for the 1.6L. I'll take a picture of it installed and post it up for you. My AE92 Sedan does not have a thread-in O2 insert.

·
Registered
AE92 sedan
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
so i know i havent done anything on the car for awhiles(dont have the money to do anything too great like the other guys on this forum) but i just bought my window visors and rear roof visors today and itll be in by friday or saturday... ill have pics posted and i think i might attempt this short shifter project everyone is doing from a 93 rolla shifter conversion.

·
Registered
AE92 sedan
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
ok just washed the car, and put on the new window visors and rear roof visor...

now some eye candy:

they came in fast like in 2 days qwik shipping... now all im waiting for is the mirror visors, ill have pics up as soon as i get them in and on. enjoy guys.

·
Full Throttle
1993 Corolla SE Ltd
6,774 Posts
^ Looks great! They subtly improve the look of the car without drawing attention to themselves. I don't know what I'd do without the wind/rain deflectors on my Corolla. They come in so handy.

·
Registered
AE92 sedan
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
yes they do kiwi they do, and i was looking at the rear roof visor and it looks like itll fit the other corollas from 93-02 as well, i put it on my neighbors 95 corolla before i installed it and its the same lenght, dont get the pic wrong but even on my car its like .25' inch smaller on both sides, so its more like a universal corolla fit type thing.

·
Registered
AE92 sedan
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
ok its been a long time since i wrote anything on this post, but i just got a LE instrumental cluster in today, and now i can see RPMS! LoL... wells ima finally try and work on the sideskirts tomorrow, and if it all works out, ill post pics.

·
Registered
AE92 sedan
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
ok sorry it took so long, but i spent a little more time than expected.. but all i need to do now is just re-fiberglass some cracks and flaws, but overall i am pleased... i am debating on repainting it black or paint it white.... wells here are some pics.. enjoy.

·
Registered
AE92 sedan
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I am currently thinking about running some Ronal Teddy Bear Rims.... i want to paint them panda, what are your guys imput on this? ive been thinking about picking up a set since 2004 but never went to get one, i alway wanted to make a super panda car... wells thanks.

·
Full Throttle
1993 Corolla SE Ltd
6,774 Posts
The sideskirts look good! Definitely paint them white. It will blend in with the road if it's black, which sort of defeats the purpose of even having them. You could paint your front lip at the same time :cool:. As for the teddy bear rims, I've always hated those, but each to their own :lol:. If you get some, post pics :thumbsup:

·
Registered
AE92 sedan
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
thanks for the feedback kiwi... yeah i know the teddy rims are a little funny, but for me thats the beauty of it... im like a big time troll... so itll be pretty epic to have some teddy rims on a corolla that everyones mom has and destroy some cars... LoL! i know its a commuter, but id like it to have some edge too, kinda like Jmaz's turbo sleeper... but yeah, idk if ima get them, first they are hard as heck to find, and second when you do find them, they are hecka old and someone wants like another corolla and a half for it.. but yeah, im thinking about painting it white, and the lip white as well.

21 - 40 of 208 Posts