Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok all im a newb and i just bought an AE92 and i would like to know what they are all about and pros and cons and what types of mods are available

thanks

·
Registered
164 Posts
What kind of engine do you have 4afe 4af or a 4age?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Damn man you need to give me some tips with the 4af...Oh yeah and when's the website comin back up???

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
When my car is registered... right now, I'm in such a hurry with all my projects that I cant devote time for website development. I'm having the car project, plus i'm getting a new garage soon, so its really taking all of my time.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yeah I never have any time to do anything. Man that carb setup is lookin really good. Keep me informed on how it's goin. Good luck with the car!

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
I got a tip for you 4AF boys.. throw it off a cliff and see how fast it goes. :D

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
REN69 said:
I got a tip for you 4AF boys.. throw it off a cliff and see how fast it goes. :D
i agree

and speak from personal experience with both

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey at least were better than a 4-AC and hey we have Potential !:licklips: Just look at FLASHMN :D

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
hehe, I'm gonna line up my car with a 4A-GE 20V and I'm gonna beat it with my measly 4A-F ;) mark my words.:cool:

·
Registered
35 Posts
the 4a-fe has less potential overall because it's only an economic head. the 4age has stronger internals and can have better potential. but, the 4afe is still tunable. slap in a turbo kit w/ not too much boost and some bolt ones like headers, intake, etc and it'l be fine. but if u do the same to a 4age, the 4age will stil dominate.

93-97 (AE101) corollas ahve a wider range of suspension components. some people say u can aslo use AE120 suspension. u can use 93-97 springs as long as u change the struts with it because the AE101 springs are about quarter to half in wider than the AE92. thats how my suspension setup is on my AE92. H&R Springs w/ KYB struts. same goes with the strut bar

as for the engien bolt-ons, you can use 4AFE parts from 93-97 corolla and use it for your 88-92

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well I have a 89 sr-5 and i really dont knwo what motor it is

look slike a single cam and it is carbed

isnt that like the poorest motor?

from what i am told they are dogz:confused:

I dont know I got some serious tuning i need to do but I just got the thing to run a 17 flat so I think it has some potential

and belive me i know a 17 is teh suck but this car is wayy off in timing and alot of things are kinda neding fixed so give it about a month and ill have this car in tip top condition and we will see whether i will keep this motor or not

yall gimme some ideas and suggestions

·
Still got love 4 the AE92
489 Posts
WHY_NOT??? said:
well I have a 89 sr-5 and i really dont knwo what motor it is

look slike a single cam and it is carbed

isnt that like the poorest motor?

from what i am told they are dogz:confused:

I dont know I got some serious tuning i need to do but I just got the thing to run a 17 flat so I think it has some potential

and belive me i know a 17 is teh suck but this car is wayy off in timing and alot of things are kinda neding fixed so give it about a month and ill have this car in tip top condition and we will see whether i will keep this motor or not

yall gimme some ideas and suggestions
17 flat in a 4af is quite good. Depending on who you talk to the 4af is either the bomb diggity or teh suck.:lol:

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
17.0 at what speed? i almost have a hard time believing this as the way you talk i would assume the car is stock..... and even with a decent running 4afe, removed rear seat, all stereo out, removed spare tire best my ae92 ran was 17.33 @ 79mph..... and mine is a manual..... the 4afe puts out another ~10hp over the 4af in stock trims.... and the transmissions aren't different..... on top of that, i had about 10 (if not more) runs and all were in the 17.3's...... and these are higher numbers than most sr5 owners have been able to put down

·
Banned
245 Posts
4AF advantage = very light

Throw some big cams in, good exhaust, quad carbs, dyno tuned.. and you'd smoke a mod'd GE any day. Do valve work and more extensive internal work and you'd really be hauling ass. I also speak from expirence :)

the 4AF weighs nothing compared to a GE .. whole engine.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
it's about a whole 40-50lb difference in dry weight between both complete motors......

1 - 20 of 70 Posts