Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried this stuff. It's a new oil, diff, tranny (wherever there's metal-on-metal contact) treatment.

Sounds like a "snake-oil," but a couple guys I respect swear by it. Supposedly it keeps engine, diff, trans temps low - any heat caused by frictionis suppossed to be minimized.

·
Registered
293 Posts
doc5339 said:
Anyone tried this stuff. It's a new oil, diff, tranny (wherever there's metal-on-metal contact) treatment.

Sounds like a "snake-oil," but a couple guys I respect swear by it. Supposedly it keeps engine, diff, trans temps low - any heat caused by frictionis suppossed to be minimized.
You could ask the folks over at
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/
sounds like it might have molly in it but I'm just guessing.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Manufacturers recommend against all engine oil additives. If Toyta says "Don't put this crap in your engine", that's enough to make me avoid it for life. They design their engines to opperate with regular SAE Oil. Adding to that only increases your chances of doing damage. Stay away from oil additives. They are NEVER a good idea no matter how attractive the packaging.

·
HANG UP AND DRIVE!!!
948 Posts
I think almost all oils these days come with additives in them anyway. Steer clear of the after market engine treatments and just run a good synthetic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts