Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a 2008 Scion XD. I was in a car accident last night. It looked like just cosmetic damage at first. The bumper was pushed up and cracked however, the car was running fine. After we finished insurance exchange and all, I drove home. On the way home, first my power steering went out, then all my notification lights came on (oil pressure, ABS, Brake, Battery), then all lights (including head lights) went out, and by the time I was rolling into my neighborhood I could barely accelerate. I cannot get it looked at until Monday. Suggestions, Ideas, anything to look at now?

·
11,327 Posts
You may be screwed. The accident may have caused a "shock"( sort of what lightening would do to plugged in electronics in a home), to the electrical components in your car. Your best bet would be to take it and have a complete electronic diagnosis on it to see if the component(s) are damaged or hopefully just the fuses where a fuse replacement would restore things to normal. Good luck.

·
2,656 Posts
Could have multiple grounded wires resulting in major system failure. Let the insurance adjuster look at it and let him know. Sounds like you're in need of harnesses...

·
Need For Speed
10,765 Posts
:(

Unless they can pinpoint exactly what's causing the issue, many times insurance companies will total out cars like that because they don't want to pay to chase electrical gremlins. It's happened here before...a 2013 Civic with 12,000 miles had a similar issue and they cut the owner a check.

Just giving you a heads up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts