Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a after market radio for my 2007 Toyota Camry and I need help. I have found a couple on ebay that I looked at but cant find recent reviews for them. Can some recommended one for me. Sat Radio and Ipod controls are a must. Here are the ones I am looking at, does anyone have a better suggestion? I am looking to spend $500-600.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyo...817352QQptZCarQ5fAudioQ5fVideo#ht_6671wt_1165

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007...16352QQptZCarQ5fAudioQ5fVideo#ht_11827wt_1165

·
My other cars a DSM!
2010 Camry, 1998 AWD
138 Posts
That second link you posted is sat ready. The reason why there arent that many reviews is cuz many of us dont want to spend the extra money. I can assure you they all work the same if you read the specs they all use the same parts/processors/gps etc. I bought the costar one cuz of the price I particularly hate the skin on the ipod function it looks so pc like but i really cant complain. It also has one of the few skins that look normal as if it would come from factory. Just pull the trigger on the sat one if its that important and the price isnt too high for you. The other one i was looking at had an 8 inch screen but the fm and home screen looked too weird so I had to pass.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That second link you posted is sat ready. The reason why there arent that many reviews is cuz many of us dont want to spend the extra money. I can assure you they all work the same if you read the specs they all use the same parts/processors/gps etc. I bought the costar one cuz of the price I particularly hate the skin on the ipod function it looks so pc like but i really cant complain. It also has one of the few skins that look normal as if it would come from factory. Just pull the trigger on the sat one if its that important and the price isnt too high for you. The other one i was looking at had an 8 inch screen but the fm and home screen looked too weird so I had to pass.
I was ready to buy the second link one and then I realized that you had to buy something else to get the navigation to work so now the search continues.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wish more of these after markets came with XM but I have only found one under $500 but doesnt have GPS built in.

·
270hp = Happy Foot
1,123 Posts
I was looking at this unit, same ebay seller, but the unit just looks better imo. Also if you have a factory added JBL system you will have to get a JBL harness to make it work, ive talked to the seller already, but overall looking at the video the screen resolution looks pretty dam good. Dont think you can really go wrong for $570 for those who wants the factory look.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl..._trkparms=algo=LVI&its=I&otn=2#ht_6437wt_1137

·
SLVRBLLT
83 Posts
I was looking at this unit, same ebay seller, but the unit just looks better imo. Also if you have a factory added JBL system you will have to get a JBL harness to make it work, ive talked to the seller already, but overall looking at the video the screen resolution looks pretty dam good. Dont think you can really go wrong for $570 for those who wants the factory look.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=270623514327&Category=79834&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2#ht_6437wt_1137

check out the other thread "ebay gps in 2007 camry".

jcooper i suggest u check the thread out and buy that unit (free advertising much :facepalm:) reason why i say that because you have the ipod / navi and sat radio too. (cheaper price than the one u posted)

sat radio can link to the aux part of the deck and give you a very clean sound, only draw back is you can't control the sat radio, which I'm not sure of how much importance is that to you. I'm only raving about it because I've gone through several units in the last 10 years and I thoroughly enjoy this one (looks, functionality). Just my .02, rest is all you homie

ps: the one posted in the link here seems newer software and flashy blue lights..

·
Registered
16 Posts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=270623514327&Category=79834&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2#ht_6437wt_1137

I have that same unit. I paid 289USD shipped. Shipping took 4 days.

Let me know if you want the info on it. Just shoot me a pm.

I hope you didn;t buy it for 550USD.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got a few pm's, so i'll just post the info here.
If you get this unit and it sucks, don't blame me...lol Im just passing on the info. For 289USD im personally happy with the unit. If your a picky person go OEM. That's all im going to say.

Where I got it from:http://www.szjoyous.com/en/product_show.asp?id=231

Price run down i was e-mailed:

DVD/SD/USB/IPOD/BLUETOOTH/RADIO/TV
/GPS/ north america IGO MAP (model: J-8911)

Price is USD140+USD59(GPS)+USD8(2GB SD CARD WITH MAP )=USD207
Freight is USD66 by DHL to Canada if you are not remote place, plus paypal fees of 16USD.

Day pics:

night pics:

ipod:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the info Sleepy.

A couple more questions before I buy.

Did you try or get the TV tuner? Does it work in the US?

Do you have a picture of the a songs on the screen while the iPod playing. I have seen some terrible pictures of some of the other units ipod interface.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for the info Sleepy.

A couple more questions before I buy.

Did you try or get the TV tuner? Does it work in the US?

Do you have a picture of the a songs on the screen while the iPod playing. I have seen some terrible pictures of some of the other units ipod interface.
It comes with the antenna, I didn’t bother to hook it up. I’m not sure if it will work in the states you will have to ask the seller.
I don’t have any pics of the ipod playing, i’ll take some later today. It’s nothing special, the ipod interface is kinda crappy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Remember that all stations in the US now broadcast in digital. If the TV receiver is not digital it won't work.

gator1939
^^ ur right.

Someone asked me if the AUX input still works. There is only one AUX input on the unit I got and it’s for video.
I tried to play something via AUX input, but there is no option on the unit what will let you switch to the audio AUX input, maybe i’m doing something wrong, i’m not sure.
The stock radio had an AUX mode option, the unit I got doesn’t.

This is the back of the unit I got:

·
I Eat Accords! W_(^_^)_W
2009 Camry SE V6
425 Posts
I didn't see an AUX in on the face plate of your H/U, So I am assuming that you ran the stock one to the back of the H/U? Regardless, the audio should play through the "Aux" function if you have it connected. My H/U is very similar and sound and video play through the "AUX" function.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts