Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2009 Toyota Camry with the 4 cylinder. This is not my car but the air conditioning and heat were not blowing any air at all. I went and found that the blower motor fuse was blown and since this is one large fuse connected to other fuses I went online and purchased the whole fuse. The fuse is secured by a bolt and so when the part came in and I went ahead and tried to install it. I was unbolting the single bolt that secures it down and the other end of my ratchet hit the battery and created a spark. From that point on basically half the car stopped working. No radio lights, no power windows, cannot shift gears without manually pressing the release, no power seats, no automatic headlights, and I am sure there are other things that are not working. Oddly enough I can still start the car, gauges work, and even the headlights work but only on manual. I have tried to disconnect the battery and reconnect. I have also checked pretty much all of the fuses with no luck. Any ideas what I must have done.

·
Registered
2008 Toyota Camry Base / CE
14,653 Posts
When doing electrical work you MUST DISCONNECT THE BATTERY! Especially when dealing with more than just fuses and relay's in the fuse box.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Probably you blew the giant fuse and have to replace them which you were already gonna do. Except that giant fuse isn't held down by one bolt. It's three.
Well I was changing the blue one all the way to the left. That one is secured by one bolt are you saying I need to change the blue one right next to it. The one on the right side? Does that one require 3 bolts?

·
Registered
2008 Toyota Camry Base / CE
14,653 Posts
Well I was changing the blue one all the way to the left. That one is secured by one bolt are you saying I need to change the blue one right next to it. The one on the right side? Does that one require 3 bolts?
I recommend look at my sorta disassembly of my replacement fuse box thread.

·
Registered
44 Posts
2009 Toyota Camry with the 4 cylinder. This is not my car but the air conditioning and heat were not blowing any air at all. I went and found that the blower motor fuse was blown and since this is one large fuse connected to other fuses I went online and purchased the whole fuse. The fuse is secured by a bolt and so when the part came in and I went ahead and tried to install it. I was unbolting the single bolt that secures it down and the other end of my ratchet hit the battery and created a spark. From that point on basically half the car stopped working. No radio lights, no power windows, cannot shift gears without manually pressing the release, no power seats, no automatic headlights, and I am sure there are other things that are not working. Oddly enough I can still start the car, gauges work, and even the headlights work but only on manual. I have tried to disconnect the battery and reconnect. I have also checked pretty much all of the fuses with no luck. Any ideas what I must have done. View attachment 337832
Are you certain that you have checked ALL fuses in all locations? There can be up to 3 different locations, see the owners manual.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I checked under the hood and under the driver. I do have a question if it is the blue 120A fuse then why is the car still able to start and the gauges still light up?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts