Toyota Nation Forum banner
261 - 272 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Venza LE Blue
251 Posts
New wheels from TireRack…I almost went with a 5 spoke design, but I liked these more to get a different look 👀 [19x8” Enkei Raijin 23lbs vs OEM 33lbs] & New tires [Pirelli Scorpion AS Plus 3] since my OEM Bridgestones only lasted 21k miles
Looks Nice!
How is the ride with these new tires? These are supposed to be best tires for comfort and quiet ride.
If you have gone with 18 inch, you could have save 4-5 pounds per wheel and probably little soft ride too.(costs less too).

·
Registered
21 Toyota Venza Limited AWD Celestial Black + Java Brown/06 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 Phantom Grey Pearl
7 Posts
that's huge rotational weight savings on each corner! are you seeing a difference in acceleration and mpg?
Yes, the car feels lighter on its feet. All aftermarket tires seem to be 3lbs heavier than the stock tires. It’s hard to describe, it feels like less effort is needed to get it moving. It doesn’t hurt that they look nice as well.

Looks Nice!
How is the ride with these new tires? These are supposed to be best tires for comfort and quiet ride.
If you have gone with 18 inch, you could have save 4-5 pounds per wheel and probably little soft ride too.(costs less too).
Thanks!
Yeah, they were highly recommended by the tire tech at the dealership. I was planning on getting some Yokohama Avid but I’m happy with these. They are quieter than stock and have a nice thread depth new. Yeah, I bought the tires first then the wheels otherwise I would have gone with the 18” option.

Yes, the car feels lighter on its feet. All aftermarket tires seem to be 3lbs heavier than the stock tires. It’s hard to describe, it feels like less effort is needed to get it moving. It doesn’t hurt that they look nice as well.
Too soon to tell on mpg

Looks Nice!
Looked it up cuz I was curious and wheel weight savings would have been 2lbs each + 1lb for the tire = 3 lbs total additional savings per corner for a total of 10lbs less per corner with an 18” package over OEM 19” size wheel + OEM tires
instead of 7lbs total per corner with the 19” aftermarket wheel and tires that I am running.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Has anyone put a flasher on the rear high mount center brake light? I'm seeing more and more cars with this and I want to add it. Anyone have a part(s) source?

Basically what I see on other cars when you press the brake, the center brake light flashes 3, 4, or 5 times before going to steady on. Gets your attention a little better when following behind.

Thanks!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Has anyone put a flasher on the rear high mount center brake light? I'm seeing more and more cars with this and I want to add it. Anyone have a part(s) source?

Basically what I see on other cars when you press the brake, the center brake light flashes 3, 4, or 5 times before going to steady on. Gets your attention a little better when following behind.

Thanks!
Amazon. Search for "brake light flasher"

·
Registered
2021 Venza LE Blue
251 Posts

Thanks!
My previous BMW had this feature. But this is not always flash, its based on rate of deceleration. Normal slow braking, it just works like normal brake light. But when applied with much force it will flash first then become steady. Continuous flashing might irritate the followers in stop and go traffic. Similar feature was enable in Tesla also now.

Probably you want something like this with G-Sensor.
Timer to not repeat the flash pattern endlessly in traffic jams,
Ability to differentiate between just touching the brakes and firmly pressing on the brakes,
Configurable flashing patterns.
Amazon.com: Vehicle Brake Light Flasher Module with Real-time Brake Force Monitoring. Fully Configurable. Fits Any Car or Motorcycle. : Automotive

·
Registered
140 Posts
My previous BMW had this feature. But this is not always flash, its based on rate of deceleration. Normal slow braking, it just works like normal brake light. But when applied with much force it will flash first then become steady. Continuous flashing might irritate the followers in stop and go traffic. Similar feature was enable in Tesla also now.

Probably you want something like this with G-Sensor.
Timer to not repeat the flash pattern endlessly in traffic jams,
Ability to differentiate between just touching the brakes and firmly pressing on the brakes,
Configurable flashing patterns.
Amazon.com: Vehicle Brake Light Flasher Module with Real-time Brake Force Monitoring. Fully Configurable. Fits Any Car or Motorcycle. : Automotive
It would be great if some aftermarket company came up with a sequential turn signal on the bar beneath the back glass.

·
Registered
162 Posts
There are plenty of choices to flash. Not any I could find with a deceleration sensor. Ok In California anyway, the legal terms are 4 flashes within 4 seconds followed by steady is the only allowed variant to "steady". So "technically" those with "32 patterns to choose from" are for off-highway use only. And "technically" you can only have flashing in the first 4 seconds of application. I think most follow the 4 second rule, but maybe not all.
Some reading I found said Mercedes tried to get this approved as OEM equipment in the USA about 2018 and was denied. Led some to believe that meant it were illegal. But that's not true either. Just the Federal government chose not to officially endorse, nor prohibit such, leaving it up to state by state interpretation. Lovely huh.

·
Registered
140 Posts
When these start making their way outside of Japan - someday
Great find. I was able to translate the link from the video description, currently sold out, for almost $400 but the color options did not translate, and further down in the description it said "Depending on options etc. Please be sure to check the shape before ordering as it may not be possible to install it."

Plus side something might be coming, Thanks

261 - 272 of 272 Posts