Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Noobie With A Dream
1993 MR2 Turbo
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well....my antenna fell off. It came our right at the spoiler. I'm wondering if there is an aftermarket antenna that looks good/fits well in the factory location. Thanks for the input!

~Jeremy

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
from the Camry sticky FAQ

S2000 Antenna Conversion
- Spectra Blue Cam

THE CELICA/S2000 CONVERSION WAS AN UNQUALIFIED SUCCESS!!

I had toggle switch to get my antenna up and down because unlike the factory decks, aftermarket ones don't care whether you're listening to the radio or not, it goes up all the time. With that switch I can put up the antenna only when necessary. But my recently-added RMM wing hits the antenna when the trunk lid is up. Also, it doesn't go up all the way anymore. So I've been investigating into doing the conversion.

I knew it was a good sign when only one day after I was told the S2000 antenna was backordered for weeks, it arrived.

The whole process took about 45 minutes. 25 of those minutes were spent twisting and bending the antenna bracket to bolt onto the support.

Here's the deal:
1. S2000 antenna - PN 39151-S2H-E01, $34.26
2. Celica sub-antenna (includes bracket) - PN 86309-20300, 35.60
3. Celica antenna nut - PN 86396-20030, $15

The prices are from Sisley Hondau (Yonge and Steeles) and DVNLT. Prices are in CDN, before taxes.

It's basically a bolt-on exercise. The only modification required was to trim a bit off the bottom part of the "antenna ornament" (official parts dept. name for the rubber boot on the rear quarter panel around the antenna). As mentioned, the most challenging part was twisting the bracket which came with the antenna to meet the existing bolt hole.

Reception is excellent.

·
Noobie With A Dream
1993 MR2 Turbo
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, that is on a camry? Will it fit through the hole of the MR2 spoiler? And there is a rubber boot where the antenna enters the spoiler on the top side, is that reused...but just modified a little bit? Plus, can you just plug the S2K antenna wiring straight into the exsisting radio cable?

That seems a little steep. I can get a Euro antenna off eBay for $20. But I like the looks of the S2K antenna, so that's why i'm asking so many questions. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
the short s2000 antenna looks good when its roof mounted..not on the side of the spoilers like on our cars...its too stubby...i like our power antenna....

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
yes it's a option just need a rubber boot to cover the hole's and stuff. also when you go to a store or something you can check out a camry that sitting in the lot and see how it would line up. if you dont think it look good you can always use that as a little help in how to switch it. also with enough work you can splice anything to that wire even a satalite :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts