Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently installed a Pioneer headunit with my buddy but I forgot to install the bluetooth mic. I searched and searched for a different way to install it. I came across a pic from Tacoma World: Username :Gusher. I thought I should share it with you guys. First you will see his pic, then I will show you what my mic looks like. Thanks Gusher if you read this thread I really liked the simplicity and how clean it looks....Great Job.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't notice that the mic has slots in it which is also used for picking up sound. The problem is it is too close to the vents so they can only hear me clearly with the air off. I gonna use either heat shrink or electric tape to confirm that this is what is causing the feedback. Then I will plug em up probably with heat shrink. Ill keep you posted.

·
2010 Corolla S
2010 Corolla S
365 Posts
There is a small grill to the right of the ignition in front of where your right knee would go.

I used a similar mounting place it for my wife's mazda 2, using the same pioneer mic. Hers works great, I suggest you give it a try if you have that location available! On hers I just mounted the back edge of the mic into a piece of cardboard that I made to fit the hole, and taped the whole thing in place. You can't see anything through the little grill, not that anyone would be looking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.