Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a particular brand of aftermarket cat converter (direct fit ones) better than the others, in terms of quality, performance and ease of warranty exchange etc? There are Walker, Magnaflow, AP Emissions etc brands available in the market. Price wise most are in the price range of $125-$170. Warranty on the most is pretty much standard one i.e. 25k miles or 2-5 years etc.
The unbranded ones from Ebay are little cheaper, but are they worth buying?

·
3,518 Posts
I don't know the answer, but have not been impressed with what I have seen as aftermarkets. MUCH cheaper, but they look like thinner material and I get the feeling they won't last as long. I am at the point I want to put in a new CAT and thinking I'll just go OEM. Has held up for over 260k so far.

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Walker and Magnaflow are the brands I believe I see the most and will trust in for good or for worse. I would not touch generic eBay brands unless they were super cheap (below $100) for the header/catalytic converter.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there a particular brand of aftermarket cat converter (direct fit ones) better than the others, in terms of quality, performance and ease of warranty exchange etc? There are Walker, Magnaflow, AP Emissions etc brands available in the market. Price wise most are in the price range of $125-$170. Warranty on the most is pretty much standard one i.e. 25k miles or 2-5 years etc.
The unbranded ones from Ebay are little cheaper, but are they worth buying?
Thanks.
OEM ones are super expensive. Plus some cars' OEMs exhaust components are not manufactured anymore. That's the reason I was looking for an affordable option.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts